Revolution RFX period Porsche motorsport 3-piece split rims £1250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolution RFX period Porsche motorsport 3-piece split rims £1250

I've come to realise that it's going to be a long long time before I can get my hands on another project of any sort. I'm also pretty into my bikes now, and to add to all of this, I'm going to be working abroad for the next 11 months. I have a set in 16" (also for sale on here) and this 15" set that I've been holding on to for a long time.

These are original Revolution RFX motorsport split rims. They are a beautiful, classic, concave design which seems almost timeless (I think the wheels look just as nice on my old Polo 6n2 as they did on my mk1 Golf), and they are getting hard to get hold of now (although Schmidt still produce the same wheels - albeit not in Porsche fitment or 15").

Porsche fitment (5x130) is ideal because adapters to pretty much any other PCD are cheap and readily available (even second hand). Also, with the prices of old Porsche's rocketing, it's only going to increase the value and desirability of these wheels.

They have just been stripped and painted metallic bronze (I actually think a nice pastel would look nicer - they looked good in primer). There are a number of dishes and configurations possible. I will put prices for a few options, but feel free to contact me with any questions or offers. I also have a number of other parts to go with them (bolts and centre caps).

In terms of barrels, there are a pair 6" wide, and a pair 5.25" wide, which is pretty ideal for a lot of configurations. They are all straight and true, no flat spots or damage.

There are two 2.5" dishes which need fully stripping and polishing, but they are very straight and true, with no curbing. They do have light pitting around the bolt holes, and some on the concave face. There are two really good condition 1" dishes with a polished finished, which just needs going over by hand. There are also four 1" dishes in need of total refurb. Two are very straight (would refurb very easily), one has some curbing, and one is badly damaged and probably only fit for scrap unless you can build up the face with weld where it has been curbed.

Alternatively, I am happy to sell the wheels with brand new dishes in your choice of width. Or without any dishes. I understand the buyer is going to want to change them to suit their application perfectly, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so.

I have a full set of original Revolution centre caps, a set of chrome Schmidt caps, and a set of gold Schmidt caps. I also have a set of very high quality chrome bolts, and a set of low quality gold bolts (some of the gold plating is coming away where they've rubbed against each other in storage)

Prices/options:

As they are, with the 2.5" dishes, 1" polished dishes, and four spare 1" dishes, your choice of bolts, and your choice of centre caps £1250
    With four brand new dishes in your choice of width, your choice of bolts, and your choice of centre caps £1300
    With no dishes £1000

I am open to sensible offers, and would prefer the lot to go as one package (top option). Wheels are located in Corsham, near Bath. Can securely pack and send via insured (to full value) 24 hour courier for £30. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or offers on: 07837 892836.

Bump!

Comment

Need the space and cash. Prices dropped £100!

Comment

Bump! Heading away to do a ski season in December and could do with these shifted beforehand!

Comment

Working...
        X