Chariot of the Damned, Supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two things:

wheels will be awesome. love the attitude too, ive been told 'it can't be done' by plenty of places before for car stuff, just cos people hadn't tried it themselves or some loser had tried something and failed for whatever reason. q: what size tyres are you gonna run?

i like the crazy arch bolts/screws. i think they look badass and suit this to a tee. my vote is keep them like that. also will be a good deterant for people getting too close to the car haha.

keep it up
    sigpic
    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• maybe sharpen the ends of the screws sticking out to make them look like spikes
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• So this is how the front fenders started out:

Lots of cutting, grinding, and drilling. Really pretty simple stuff. getting each side symmetrical was difficult though. The flare quality was good though, so I didn't have to worry about glassing them to make them fit similarly.

FINALLY after five and a half hours of work, the front fenders were done. I spent the next four hours trying to get my corroded, rusted-to-shit camber adjustment bolts & cams to work.

Which left me with that ^. Hooooley fuuuucking psyyyyched!

Problem though: my camber and caster as well as rear camber and tow is pretty much whatever the car decides it is. need new camber bolts.

After rolling around like that i decided i needed to get as close to respectably low as possible, without the crazy camber i needed.

I lowered it too much.

There was so much fender rub that the paint on my fender caught on fire for a minute.

So I raised it up until i got that perfect hellaflush JDM 'ruffled-chip' level fitment

K, BRB MUST GO GET PIZZA

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• hows the steering lock with the track on the front spaced that far out?

on a friend's sil80 with fender flares and wide wheels the tires catch on the front bar and front of the guard when you turn the wheel

Comment

• it looks like you already know this, and you're planning to fix it, but just to reiterate, more camber, more lower. and just to be the devil's advocate (lol appropriate) I think the rear arches being leaned forward looks bad. if you fit them like you did the fronts i think that would be infinitely better looking. Just my two pennies, still think the car is sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristopherJason View Post
              I do believe this pic had nothing to do with the car when it was taken
              HAHAHAH oh man, I see where you're going with that one.

Originally posted by Obscevator View Post
              challenge accepted.. <<< most epic thing you could say to a wheel manufacturer! this thing just keeps suprising me ervery update..
              I was hoping the guy would get the joke, but instead it was just super awkward and after a minute i was like "okay... well, thanks for your help! bye!"

Originally posted by ZombieShark View Post
              Congratulations sir, You have built my DREAM Mk3. Im painting the 6 Flat black in honor of this car. <3 <3 <3
              Haha I'm honored you're inspired by my build dude! thanks!

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
              hey man, Supra is comming along nicely

not sure if you addressed this yet, but the rear looks a bit jacked up with the rear flares on

i think you may need to cut more of the metal out and mount the flare a little higher so you can bring the ass end back down to earth

oh and FTW kinda tire are you gona run one 18x15s
              Well, the advantage of mounting them lower on the body is that it's easier to go higher in the future like you're saying. Doing the reverse is waaaaaay harder (mounting them higher then moving them down). I'm not sure yet, but i'd like to go for a round tire, so more sidewall, less tread. 255/50/18 or something.

Originally posted by ZombieShark View Post
              See! 15 inches wide aint Impossible I knew I wasn't the only crazy one around here
              nope. Work makes meisters in 18x15 already, it's just that they won't make them with the offset i want (minimum offset is in the low 10's, and i'd like to do aprox. ET -128)

Originally posted by 340i View Post
              two things:

wheels will be awesome. love the attitude too, ive been told 'it can't be done' by plenty of places before for car stuff, just cos people hadn't tried it themselves or some loser had tried something and failed for whatever reason. q: what size tyres are you gonna run?

i like the crazy arch bolts/screws. i think they look badass and suit this to a tee. my vote is keep them like that. also will be a good deterant for people getting too close to the car haha.

keep it up
              Not sure about tire size, like i said above
              I hadn't thought about sharpening them, but holy FUCK am i ever partial to that. I'm dumping that idea in my brain-box haha!

maybe sharpen the ends of the screws sticking out to make them look like spikes

hhahaha seriously though, i like that idea.

hows the steering lock with the track on the front spaced that far out?

on a friend's sil80 with fender flares and wide wheels the tires catch on the front bar and front of the guard when you turn the wheel
              It's pretty wild haha, that photo of the strips of sidewall rubber hanging off my tire is from where i underestimated how much i needed to cut from the sides of the wheel well. there's a lot of scrub, but there isn't too much of a noticeable difference. If anything i can say it feels better when driving aggressively, which is funny because I predicted it feeling terrible! As far as the wheel hitting steering/suspension/guards on full lock, it doesn't, but the MK3 doesn't have a mcpherson style strut assembly, so i can't relate how it would work for most nissans, and i've ripped the guards out so there goes that problem too.

Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
              it looks like you already know this, and you're planning to fix it, but just to reiterate, more camber, more lower. and just to be the devil's advocate (lol appropriate) I think the rear arches being leaned forward looks bad. if you fit them like you did the fronts i think that would be infinitely better looking. Just my two pennies, still think the car is sick.
              Absolutely. The MK3 doesn't have much for camber adjustment, and since it's a double wishbone suspension, an adjustable top hat for the coils won't do anything. I'll probably end up just end up inventing my own solution. As for the flares, the rear well isn't the same circumference as the flare, so when it's mounted directly above the wheel it looks goofy to me and doesn't compliment the body lines. The way i have the rears mounted now, it shows more tire in the rear which looks pretty gnarly from behind, and it flows a bit better with the body.

I love that you're playing devils advocate though!!

Comment

• P.S. I GOT SPICY BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA FROM PIZZA PIZZA AND IT WAS REAL GOOD.

Comment

• i don't think a 255/50 would sit on the bead

i've got a 275/35/18 on an 18x12 and i would only go a little more stretch than that

for you problem of getting work wheels you should ask them what is the widest front lip they can make
                  at a guess that would have to be around 7-8" deep dish, coz i have 6" dish on the 12s

then get the inner barrels required to complete the 15" width and get the most aggressive A disk faces you can get

that should hopefully get you into the negative offset territory, but that realy depends on what is the maximum front lip dimensions

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                    i don't think a 255/50 would sit on the bead

i've got a 275/35/18 on an 18x12 and i would only go a little more stretch than that

for you problem of getting work wheels you should ask them what is the widest front lip they can make
                    at a guess that would have to be around 7-8" deep dish, coz i have 6" dish on the 12s

then get the inner barrels required to complete the 15" width and get the most aggressive A disk faces you can get

that should hopefully get you into the negative offset territory, but that realy depends on what is the maximum front lip dimensions
                    I don't know if a 255/50 would either. i'm outside my comfort zone here, so if you (or anyone) has experience, then i'm open to any suggestions you have. Do you think it would be more the problem of tire pressure being too low to hold the bead in place? I won't be buying directly from work, so the disks and barrels will be coming from different locations, and i'll most likely end up using ... well... i don't want to give away all my secrets yet.

Comment

• actually because by the sounds of it you will be going with custom barrels, are you going with stepped barrels or flat type, coz i might have a suggestion for you on how to avoid tires popping off

Comment

actually because by the sounds of it you will be going with custom barrels, are you going with stepped barrels or flat type, coz i might have a suggestion for you on how to avoid tires popping off
                        PM'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                          PM'd.
                          replied, should work nicely

Comment

• ill trade you my kei car for your mk3 <3

what is between the body and the flare?
                            Last edited by jared1988; 07-05-2011, 01:07 AM.
                            Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                            I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

maybe sharpen the ends of the screws sticking out to make them look like spikes
                              ^^yesssss!

Car's looking mean! Missing the rake tho..
                              Just finished this thread and I'd love to replace my work comp desktop with a pic of your car in the fog and/or front view
                              Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by jared1988 View Post
                                ill trade you my kei car for your mk3 <3

what is between the body and the flare?
                                SOLD hahah! it's some tire tubes for 26" bike tires. le genius, i know.

Originally posted by Stittacus View Post
                                ^^yesssss!

Car's looking mean! Missing the rake tho..
                                Just finished this thread and I'd love to replace my work comp desktop with a pic of your car in the fog and/or front view
                                Keep it up!
                                PM me an email i can send the high rez picture to and i will! or maybe i should just put it up on megaupload or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X