X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn those are so sparklaaay!

Comment

• I just got my wheels back from media blasting and they did a very good job on removing all of the old paint. Now that i have it in the raw metal stage the media blast have left fine pits on the surface of these wheels. Im going to start out with the 400grit and eventually move up to 2000+ grit. I just want to know at what point will i need to apply water to wet sand it? or do i just apply water starting with the 400 grit?

This is what it looked like before i had them blasted:

95' Mercedes S500

Comment

• Why blast vs stripping? The pitting is a bitch to sand out.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• I didn't quite throughly do my research but i bought the aircraft paint stripper in the can Smh. Realizing that i didn't work too well i got a little impatience from just ordering the quart and this is the result. Yup the pitting sucks! Im planning on polishing the entire face thats y i thought i just media blast it.
          95' Mercedes S500

Comment

• Use an orbital sanding machine and sand the pitting out ? I think sanding pitting out is less time-consuming then curb damage. this is more uniform...

Comment

• I didnt use any sanding machine on these wheels because it has curves and im afraid of sanding too much off making the face look uneven. Sofar im doing all of this by hand and i think i might have it down. Going to make my own thread on this refinish.
              95' Mercedes S500

Comment

• Any tips on polishing the hardware (bolts) ? I heard you can use a tumble ?
                Thanks

Comment

• You can use a vibratory tumbler, but if they're not heavily pitted, I find it just as easy to just chuck them up in a drill and polish them that way.

Comment

• What do you recommend to "seal" the aluminum? I have some RS lips that were polished but I didn't do that, so some oxidation is showing around the bolts. I'm taking them apart this winter and redoing them. Or is that what the wax is for?

Silk Blue MK6 Jetta build
                    Instagram: @justmarshallgiles

Comment

• yeah, wheel wax will set you straight. I think wheel whores makes some good stuff.

Comment

• Hey guys, just picked up some Ronal R9 wheels. The lips and faces have some oxidation, but the problem is that the inside of the spokes are painted and I would like to keep the original color. My question is, do I have to using stripper or can I just sand the clear coat off using 180 grit or similar? The paint is in great shape and I really don't want to accidentally ruin it with stripper.

Comment

• Thought id share the refurb im doing on some SSR Meshies
                          Before and mid refurb attached, hopefully the final wont be far away

I don't know how anyone can enjoy polishing!!! although seeing the finished porduct is pretty cool

Still lots to go...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by JordanByrneJ07; 10-13-2015, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Any new ventures?

I did something with different methods this time, here are the results

Last edited by a112; 04-03-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Servicing Stop

check out Servicing Stop as they fix anything and everything to do with cars and have a brilliant service, they pick your car up, fix it and drop it back off! Plus 50% off your service!

Comment

• photos gone :s

Comment

Working...
                                X