Looking for Style 5 (RC090) 3-piece conversion info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Style 5 (RC090) 3-piece conversion info

Like the title says. I'd like to convert my stye 5's 17x8's to 17x10s in the rear and possibly 8.5s to 9s in the front. I know it'll be costly and that's fine. I'd really like step lips. I'm just looking for more info on this.

A: Would it just need larger lips or would there need to be larger barrels too?
    B: Where and what kind of lips/barrels do I need (would RS ones work?
    Last edited by chrisc351; 11-26-2014, 11:44 PM.

going from flat lips (stock) to stepped lips mean that youre stepping up a size to 18". If you want to do so, pm me and i can let you know pricing and info on parts. i have some in stock as well.

if your goal is to widen the set, i can get wider lips and convert to 3 piece, but you will retain the look of the flat lip
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Misinformation.

Email me if you want the proper info.

info@ewheelworks.com
      EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
      ewheelworks.com
      facebook - Ehrlich WheelsWorks
      IG - ewheelworks
      Custom Powder coating, custom wheels, and custom metal finishing.

Comment

Why not share your wealth of information since that is afterall the main purpose of this forum were on rather than just pushing someone to email you for your "proper info"...

Really useful thread, not at the fault of the op though
        Last edited by 1badg35; 01-12-2015, 09:00 PM.
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

I have a 17x10.6" wide RC041 that has a lip with a step on it. And i believe that both wheels use the same size center of 356.3mm, just different amount of holes.

This is a picture of the lip, as seen it has a step. I ordered the lips from image-wheels located in UK.

To answer your questions.

A: you can just use larger lips and reuse the old modified barrels, but this will limit your widths/offsets. If you get new barrels as well you can do pretty much anything.

B: no you can't use RS parts. You need new special ordered ones. There are a few companies that can do such tasks.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
            I have a 17x10.6" wide RC041 that has a lip with a step on it. And i believe that both wheels use the same size center of 356.3mm, just different amount of holes.

This is a picture of the lip, as seen it has a step. I ordered the lips from image-wheels located in UK.

To answer your questions.

A: you can just use larger lips and reuse the old modified barrels, but this will limit your widths/offsets. If you get new barrels as well you can do pretty much anything.

B: no you can't use RS parts. You need new special ordered ones. There are a few companies that can do such tasks.
            Just to clarify:

A: You can use WIDER lips and reuse the barrel.

Not larger, as larger would, in most cases, refer to the diameter of the Wheel.
            Volvo 940 T5

Comment

You can get a stepped lip, i have a link to some dude in finland doing a 17" 3 piece conversion in my link below. I also grinded my 17 inch barrels for the fun of it. I believe i have a link to the RC build above too...

I chose to go with 18's

Comment

Lost 2 of the center caps . Some new ones on the way but likely going to buy spinfabs metal waffles when its available. I need me some metal waffles

Comment

Working...
                X