Chariot of the Damned, Supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love it dude!

I will be buying stickers...do you accept payment in pieces of string or strictly dead cats?

Comment

• First off I effing love your car so take this as constructive feedback from someone that wants to see your car succeed

Don't go with the Garrett, to much $ for what is basically a decade old CHRA design
      You need a borg warner EFR.

Might look like it costs the same but remember you don't need to spend 5-900$ on BOV's wastegates and the related solenoids and plumbing for them. You'll have a better turbo at nearly 50% of the price.

Points for engineering overkill but in the interest of wanting to see this car on the road before you have to start selling organs and/or your body, you can also save some serious $ by just not buying that fuel setup and making your own system. An in tank pump feeding to an external pump, setup your own AN lines. You don't need that rail for "only" 800 hp. The supra guys like titan play big, they need rails that can support 1000% of stock capacity, you're "merely" doubling it haha (only in the 2jz world is 800 hp in the small end of things)

You don't need that much $$ in fuel parts to make 800 on a 2jz, there are guys locally making well over 1k on less fuel than you have setup there. Hell even dropping the tank, making a custom an feed to an external pump and a swirl tank will cost less than that setup

Something like this:

I would definately stick with the R154. its 90% as good as the Getrag (my wagon uses the same trans) but at about 10% of the cost. You can still find R154's in junkyards for 150$, asme cannot be said for the getrag 6. You can blow up 10 R154 for the price of one of those.
      Last edited by Remi; 10-19-2011, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• love the thread, love the OP, love the ride, but love the model the most.. :|

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• this was exciting. now it's just another supra chasing power... hold on,

the next cookie cutter supra is on line 2.
          Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
          The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
          P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
            this was exciting. now it's just another supra chasing power... hold on,

It's always guy in the Volvo.

Loving the build as usual! You should just slap the turbo, 1200cc injectors, aem v2 and shoot for the 800 on stock block, you wouldn't be the first and if it pops then you were gonna rebuild it anyway right? Hahaha

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• To the post above me.

Ahem,

Comment

• Originally posted by JC. View Post
                To the post above me.

Ahem,
                You mean above me

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Lawl, yeah jesus, above you

Comment

• I have the same hp goals, youll need alot of fuel to support the upcoming of that laggy A.R turbine back there, I love gt42r's sound like t51r's but just more bang for your buck.

keep it going bro.
                    Subscribed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remi View Post
                      First off I effing love your car so take this as constructive feedback from someone that wants to see your car succeed

Don't go with the Garrett, to much $ for what is basically a decade old CHRA design

Might look like it costs the same but remember you don't need to spend 5-900$ on BOV's wastegates and the related solenoids and plumbing for them. You'll have a better turbo at nearly 50% of the price.

Points for engineering overkill but in the interest of wanting to see this car on the road before you have to start selling organs and/or your body, you can also save some serious $ by just not buying that fuel setup and making your own system. An in tank pump feeding to an external pump, setup your own AN lines. You don't need that rail for "only" 800 hp. The supra guys like titan play big, they need rails that can support 1000% of stock capacity, you're "merely" doubling it haha (only in the 2jz world is 800 hp in the small end of things)

You don't need that much $$ in fuel parts to make 800 on a 2jz, there are guys locally making well over 1k on less fuel than you have setup there. Hell even dropping the tank, making a custom an feed to an external pump and a swirl tank will cost less than that setup

Something like this:

I would definately stick with the R154. its 90% as good as the Getrag (my wagon uses the same trans) but at about 10% of the cost. You can still find R154's in junkyards for 150$, asme cannot be said for the getrag 6. You can blow up 10 R154 for the price of one of those.
                      +1 well said my sir

Comment

• Originally posted by Raarasutra View Post
                        moar news! how's the powerplant coming along? get parts in the mail yet?
                        hahah not quite, no :P

Originally posted by Bratlie View Post
                        I don't know if you're familiar with bands like Dimmu Borgir, V:28, The Sins Of Thy Beloved and such..I've just skimmed through this thread.. But everything kinda reminds me of the Norwegian metal-scene (We'll do whatever we like.. if you don't like it.. ahh well.. sucks to be you) :P" So keep it up man.. this looks brilliant.
                        We would be pretty good friends if we hung out

Originally posted by Obscevator View Post
                        Put me up for a shirt and some stickers! I mean give me 1 good reason why I shouldn't support your awesomeness?!
                        I can't think of any reasons! Go peep the store haha

Originally posted by Darth Maul View Post
                        I have the same hp goals, youll need alot of fuel to support the upcoming of that laggy A.R turbine back there, I love gt42r's sound like t51r's but just more bang for your buck.

keep it going bro.
                        Subscribed.
                        Thanks dude! I love checking in on your MK4 build. Really have high hopes for what that thing's going to look like down the road

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
                        Just checking in to make sure...

Yup. Thread's still awesome.
                        BAHAHHahahahahah thank you my man!

Originally posted by Team_Gileto View Post

this thread makes me warm n fuzzy. i'll be sending you monies soon

Thanks dude! I also accept dead pigeons.

Originally posted by JPE16 View Post
                        Love it dude!

I will be buying stickers...do you accept payment in pieces of string or strictly dead cats?

I'm open to both. If you can take the corpse and liquify it so it'll fit into a standard size mail slot blister package, then mail it via USPS light packet air, I should receive it in 5-7 days. Thanks!!

Originally posted by Remi View Post
                        First off I effing love your car so take this as constructive feedback from someone that wants to see your car succeed

Something like this:

Thank you SO much for the constructive feedback! I Hadn't looked at the new EFR's, and For the price, it's an absolutely beautiful turbo. The fact that it's available as a twin scroll is sick. What blows my mind is that for that price it has an integrated WG and blow off valve. It's a huge plus if you're building a new turbo setup from scratch, because you can skip on buying the WG and BV. I'm going to tentatively say that it's between the EFR and the Garret GT42R.

Also, it does make me laugh that when you put what I want to do up against what other people tweak the 2J for, it makes 800 look like a fucking joke

I can't thank you enough for your input Remi, and believe me when I say I take all of it into consideration. You obviously know your shit, and thanks for taking the time to put your well-worded two cents in.

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
                        love the thread, love the OP, love the ride, but love the model the most.. :|
                        Wanna know a secret that makes me sad?

she has a boyfriend.

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
                        this was exciting. now it's just another supra chasing power... hold on,

Lighten up crybaby! I'm going to need a lot of power if I want to break traction on two 15" wide wheels. I can't just stick a hair dryer onto the intake and call it a day

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                        It's always guy in the Volvo.

Loving the build as usual! You should just slap the turbo, 1200cc injectors, aem v2 and shoot for the 800 on stock block, you wouldn't be the first and if it pops then you were gonna rebuild it anyway right? Hahaha

This is you:

Meh, I figure if I go that far then I might as well just do it right the first time.
                        P.S. I'm pretty sure you're kidding but I can't always tell on da webz <3 <3

Originally posted by JC. View Post
                        To the post above me.

Ahem,

HAHAHhaHhhashhsajkdhsakjdsajbchjds cadhsucdhksajbcvadjs

I need that on a shirt

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

• I genuinely laugh so hard when I read this thread.

Cant wait to see this thing come together.

Yes, two posts, same thread... same day.

Originally posted by Kielan
                          Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• 800 HORSEPOWER!!

Keep doing your thing man.
                            ///M 2.0
                            G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• You're the best.
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• PS. Thread tags installed.
                                Originally posted by anth
                                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Working...
                                X