X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u decided on the color yet?
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Well I was sure I was going to do them matte bronze, but now I'm thinking about doing them white again.
      Still not sure!

Comment

I was also able to ground the centers of the wheels today. I used epoxyprimer 2K.
        Make no mistake, I spent 2 hours per wheel in the sandblaster to get every last bit of paint of of it. They had to be absolutely smooth.
        But the results are there...

And the centers....

Comment

Today made some progress on my polishing jig thing. This time I built de stand to mount the drill.

First some welding

Et voila,... One drill-stand.

Comment

since u build all these things yourself

u could try to color match the centers and then white lips

and if it's not good, use your equipment

Comment

LoL,

No, I'm actually going to try to do this right the first time. I'm not wanting to ever do these wheels again, all those spokes are just a pain to strip of paint.
              So I'm sticking with polished lips. But still haven't decided on the color of the centers yet. I'm thinking this (not the body color, but the color of the stripes):

Comment

Ok, I finished my polishing machine. I've already been sanding with it, and it makes life a whole lot easier. NICE!!
                The endresult looks like this

And it works like this
                [Turn down your volume!!!!!!]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdVP5zlPV14"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdVP5zlPV14[/ame]

Comment

u decide on color already?

Comment

Yes. They are going to be gray, like the stripes on the Sport Classic, only a shade darker.

Comment

sweet welds and fab work...can;'t wait to see the finished wheels...gonna look great with that shade of gray and polished lips!

Comment

Thnx! I'm very excited to see what the wheels are going to look like once I finish them!!

Comment

That polishing tekkers must get a bit warm on your hand?!?!?!

Going to look sweet with though wheel on though!

Comment

I wish for something like this...
                            Makes polishing so much easier....

Curious for the outcome of the wheels on the car...

Comment

No it doesn't get warm, well sometimes a little bit, but it's okay.

Today I'm going to put the color on the wheels. Finallly.
                              Yesterday I got the paint, I've changed my mind in the last second about the color. First I wanted to get mouse-grey, but now I'm going with something a little more in line with the car. So the final color is going to be..... BlauGrau. Grey with a little tint of blue in it. You know, since the car is blue and all.

Comment

The color is on the wheels. Like I said, it's blaugrau, blueish grey. Very nice color that will definetly go well with the color of the car. Love it or **** it, I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X