X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Vette golf man! kleurke is zalig!

grtzz

Build =>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51076

Comment

That is a beautiful thing dude. I love those TH-lines.

Instagram- sporte6

Comment

way more better after lowering... well done!

flickr

Comment

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I've decided to install the small chrome bumpers this summer...

Comment

Restoration started!

So, after thinking and talking about it for more than two years, the full restoration finally started!

Two and a half year have gone by since I've bought this 1982 MK1 Golf. In that time I've had several Ideas about what I wanted to with it but now I've made the decisions.

Starting with a full respray. From the beginning I knew the time would come that I would have to respray the car because of dents, scratches and rust, but I didn't know what colour to choose. First idea that came to mind was to keep the original Monaco Blau, but when I started browsing the net I was overwhelmed by a range of options which all looked amazing. Then I came across an awesome MK1 in Porsche Classic Grey and for about a year I wanted nothing but that colour… But by the time the plans came more and more specific, the fear of regretting the colour change raised. After talking with friends and thinking even more I decided to keep the Monaco Blau.

Then there was the other crucial question… Will I keep it static or am I switching to bags? I remember when I got the car me and my friends were saying "bags are for groceries" and blablabla… But the roads here in Belgium are e disaster and driving around with my 1,5" clearance became more and more impossible. So I'm getting air ride installed by KEAN Suspensions in November (long waitinglist).

The blue interior was starting to look pretty tired and I always wanted to swap it for a black one. After searching for a GTI interior, which is impossible to find for a reasonable price, I found an original Mark 1 interior in Holland. It's actually the same interior as the one I have, but in black.

I'm keeping the Schmidt TH-lines, but I'm looking for a set of 15" BBS RS/RM while I'm waiting to get my air ride installed. I also have a set of 13" ATS classics, not sure what I'm going to do with those…

Hoping to post more pics of the build progress soon!

Comment

Cool car and cool plans! Good luck have fun dude!!

Comment

Progress

Finally there is more progress to show…

Almost ready for primer...

Slightly wider in the back.

Stay tuned for more!

Comment

Yes! Love this thing.
                    I dislike Byron.

Comment

Awesome MK1. Nice job with the restoration. Other plans sound good too.

Comment

So I haven't posted anything in quite some time... Here's an update:

I'll post more details about what has been done to the car asap, but thought I'd already share some pics...

Comment

must have missed this the first time

looks real good
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                          X