Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of different looks on my E46...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of different looks on my E46...

I don't think I have made a proper introduction on here yet, I'm Dan. Thought I'd share some pics/progress of my car with you guys.

A couple of months after I picked my car up (Oct. 2009):

Did a couple of simple, clean mods, H&R sport springs and added 10mm (f)/20mm (r) spacers to my stock wheels...

Picked up my first set of aftermarket wheels:

Miro STP-3
    Front: 19x8.5 - et35 235/35 Pirelli P-Zeros
    Rear: 19x9.5 - et45 (et35 after 10mm spacers) 245/35 Pirelli P-Zeros

Bought some OZ resin stickers off eBay (I know the sin that I committed don't hold it against me, I realized what I did and **** replicas wearing the originator's caps, which is why I sold the wheels later, but they did look better after I got the black caps)

OEM E46 M3 Style 67 (4 rears)
    Front: 19x9.5 - et27 225/35 Toyo T1-R
    Rear: 19x9.5 - et27 225/35 Toyo T1-R

First test fit of two rears with stock tires (255/35)

First test fit of two rears with proper tires (225/35) (10mm spacer in rear = et17)

All four on (had some fun with my splitters before I replaced them)

I was satisfied with the rears but needed the front to come down, so I got some FK Konigsport coilovers:
    (still at et17)

Springs settled a little more and the tires were rubbing too much. I removed the spacer and lowered the rear (et27):

Pulled/shaved the rear fenders some more and added a 12mm spacer (et15):

Added a 15mm spacer (et12):

H2O

Comment

Winter was approaching, so I picked up some Z4 turbines that had some Blizzaks already on them:

OEM Z4 Style 106
      Front: 17x8 - et47 245/40/17 Bridgestone Blizzak (et35 final)
      Rear: 17x8 - et47 245/40/17 Bridgestone Blizzak (et27 final)

Slammed the rear...

Plastidipped them out of boredom...

(Back-track a little before winter) Got annoyed with people starting to buy the same wheels and just ruining the look, I didn't want to be associated with them so I put them up for sale. Was offered cash on top of a trade for the normal 8" fronts so I took it because I thought it'd be easier to sell. Ended up just holding onto them...

(Fast forward to earlier this year once the weather got nicer) Put them back on until I figured out my next set of wheels. Decided to get the M wheels tucked/flush this time...

OEM E46 M3 Style 67 (staggered)
      Front: 19x8 - et47 225/35 Toyo T1-R (et27 final)
      Rear: 19x9.5 - et27 235/35 Toyo Proxes 4

Comment

OEM E39 Style 5 (BBS RC 090)
        Front: 17x8 - et20 205/40/17 (et10 final)
        Rear: 17x8 - et20 205/40/17 (et0 final)

Before I had the Miros I had picked up a set of Style 5s (I'd say around the time they were super popular), I was inspired by Charlie and Brandon (southpaw)... Didn't have time or energy to refinish the wheels so I sold them. I found a good deal on some a couple months ago so I had to jump on them and try them out for a little. These were supposed to be temporary so I could sell the M wheels. Ignore the bumper (sticker is to keep that piece from falling off again -- bumper was damaged during winter)...

When I had the arqray lip on the car and before I lowered the front a little more (lowered more in ^ previous photos)...

So that's it for now...

I'm not unveiling my current wheels because there are a lot of E46Fanatics that are members on here and I don't want anyone to bite off this look

Comment

I love threads like this, looking forward to the new things and stuff...

Comment

cant wait to see whats next, i miss the m3 wheels tho

did you do the rear fender work yourself? cuz i might need your help
            Last edited by hinrichs; 05-03-2011, 08:57 AM.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

love it.

Comment

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

Hinrichs, yeah I used a baseball bat, I'll PM you my number so we can talk

Comment

I like this so much!
                  - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                  - '10 TT RS
                  - '13 A3 SB

Comment

looks good!

Comment

There's a ghost in your back seat

Comment

Originally posted by wagener View Post

I did not know your car was sitting like that.. I don't know how I missed that. I love it..

Comment

Those m3 wheels were awesome. Awesome. But also, I love the last picture. Lowering it more definitely improved the look IMO, and style 5's without caps look great in this application. Well done.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                          yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

<3

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X