No announcement yet.

Groceries' grocery grabber - bagged e39 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saved a ton by switching to geico! LOL jk i pieced my air kit together also. was way cheaper that way. i too saved about $800-$900 bucks. wagon looks great so far!
    C280 Build Thread
    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Originally posted by Groceries View Post
      Do you mean the rear bags? We swapped out the rears with firestone K900 sleeve style bags, and drilled out the old mounting brackets. We used elbow fittings so all of the lines are completely hidden under the rear carpet and the tank/compressor is in the spare tire well.

I saved probably about $800 over the airlift kit. But that's mostly because the rears had to be customized.
      Thanks for the reply! Definitely a cheaper route I'd love to go some time in the near future! Do you happen to have the a link for the K900 sleeve bags? I tried searching them up, but couldn't find a thing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshVibes View Post
        Thanks for the reply! Definitely a cheaper route I'd love to go some time in the near future! Do you happen to have the a link for the K900 sleeve bags? I tried searching them up, but couldn't find a thing about them.
        They are actually the Firestone 9000 bags.

The Firestone 9000 1500lb. 1/4" Port Tapered Sleeve Air Bag is what you need to have your vheicle ride comfortably all the time.
        There will always be someone driving something nicer than yours. Just don't park next to that guy!

IG: @Thee_Deported

Comment

Very nice, now get some wheels. :-)

Originally posted by y200yk
          Russian post is just an ass
          my steering wheel from Lithuania went almost a month! bitches

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sauce View Post
            They are actually the Firestone 9000 bags.

http://store.gaugemagazine.com/1500l...gle14port.aspx
            Whoops! Yes, this is correct. I dunno where I got K900 from. Thanks, Mark!

Originally posted by F31Dingus View Post
            Very nice, now get some wheels. :-)
            I'm always accepting donations.
            Instagram
            Flickr

Comment

HI Groceries, Super Dope Ride!!!!
              Have some questions...
              I have a 528 wagon and want to do the air lift mod..

Do you have pictures or detail info on the rear bag removal and installing the new bags?

what plate do i need to remove?

Thanks, LRG Mak.
              AUDI Q5 2010
              MINI COOPER S Supercharger 2003
              BMW E39 M5 Supercharger 2000
              DUCATI MONSTER 620 2005
              SUZUKI SV650 BOBBED 2000
              SUZUKI RV125 1974
              HONDA Z50 MONKEY 1999

Comment

Looks great, I hope you plan on keeping the blue hue'd stock tint on it. I absolutely love the fishbowl look.
                Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by FreshVibes View Post
                  Would you happen to have any pic's of the rear set up?! I'm curious to see what you got hiding since your wagon should be a SLS model if I'm correct.
                  Please please please can you take some pics of the rear setup? Inside the hatch and the spare tire well. I'm trying to piece a kit together for my E39T but I don't have the SLS rear I just have springs. I just want to see how your bags are mounting up. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LIFTED RESEARCH GROUP View Post
                    HI Groceries, Super Dope Ride!!!!
                    Have some questions...
                    I have a 528 wagon and want to do the air lift mod..

Do you have pictures or detail info on the rear bag removal and installing the new bags?

what plate do i need to remove?

Thanks, LRG Mak.
                    I don't have any pictures of the rear bag removal or installation, but once we had the correct bags, it was super simple. My touring has/had the SLS system, so it was as simple as just disconnecting the stock rear bags, unclipping the retainers, and pulling them out.

As for a plate, I don't know what you mean. We did have to modify the rear spring/airbag wells to be able to bolt in the new firestone bags, and have free space for the new line fitting. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can pull some of the flooring up and snap a couple pictures.

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                    Looks great, I hope you plan on keeping the blue hue'd stock tint on it. I absolutely love the fishbowl look.
                    I have no plans to do any window tinting!

I still need to replace the old window shades, or just retrofit the non shaded door cards. Both will probably cost me about the same.

Originally posted by iadubber View Post
                    Please please please can you take some pics of the rear setup? Inside the hatch and the spare tire well. I'm trying to piece a kit together for my E39T but I don't have the SLS rear I just have springs. I just want to see how your bags are mounting up. Thanks!!!
                    Got your PM. I'll take a picture of the management system in the trunk. It's all hidden so I can still use the rear trunk space.
                    Instagram
                    Flickr

Comment

i want one of these so bad, love it

Comment

Originally posted by Groceries View Post
                        Got your PM. I'll take a picture of the management system in the trunk. It's all hidden so I can still use the rear trunk space.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Comment

Here's what the management system looks like.

Compressor: Viair 380C
                          Tank: I forget the brand. 4 Gallon aluminum 5 port
                          Management: Airlift Autopilot V2

The rear bags are fed by the lines that go up into the carpet, the fronts are the lines that feed into the rubber grommets, and the valve dump line is fed between the two grommets.

Sorry the picture isn't very clear. I used my phone to snap a picture in a dark parking garage.
                          Instagram
                          Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the picture.

Comment

Nice looking Touring. Will be picking up an E39 540iT in August and looking to go full air suspension as well. So, the conversion to Firestone 9000 tapered sleeve air springs was pretty straightforward? Can you tell me, how did the dimensions of the F9000's compare to the stock SLS air springs? How does the rear ride in comparison to the original SLS airbags?

Looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing it with some wheels...
                              Alvin Caragay
                              '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica
                              '02 BMW E39 540iT

Comment

Originally posted by mpowered02 View Post
                                Nice looking Touring. Will be picking up an E39 540iT in August and looking to go full air suspension as well. So, the conversion to Firestone 9000 tapered sleeve air springs was pretty straightforward? Can you tell me, how did the dimensions of the F9000's compare to the stock SLS air springs? How does the rear ride in comparison to the original SLS airbags?

Looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing it with some wheels...
                                Unfortunately I sold this car just outside of a year ago. But I can at least answer your questions.. The f9000's were pretty much a direct fit in place of the stock SLS bags. We did have to do some cutting/modifying on the car to make the f9000's bolt in flat. I would say that the ride was about the same. Had I not sold it, I would have probably replace the rear struts with something adjustable, or stiffer. The f9000's are a fair amount shorter than the stock system too, so aired up you'll be slightly lower than stock in the rear.

Hope this helps.
                                Instagram
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X