No announcement yet.

My 2001 Mercedes W210 Station Wagon on OZ Mito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love it, can't wait to see the next steps.. especially lower!
    91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
    ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Nice wagon, would love to see it laid out on the floor.

Comment

Want.

Comment

nice! and i actually like the iphone holder, ive seen those years back. where u can get them custom molded to ur dash in the matching leather. and tint never dies out, at least im just used to having it on every car. i cant stand people being able to stare at me at a light, creepy lol i just like privacy... and makes a huge difference with the sunlight. but tint does look better on lighter color cars, urs might be too much cause of your 150 windows lol. they charge extra for wagons anyway lol

Comment

looking good

"If everyone thought the same when it came to modding there would be no thinking"

Comment

Nice dude!

really nice!

not see many if any of these done up.

Originally posted by Geoff.T
              E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
              MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
              Instagram:MexicanFab
              YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

Originally posted by staytuned05 View Post
                nice! and i actually like the iphone holder, ive seen those years back. where u can get them custom molded to ur dash in the matching leather. and tint never dies out, at least im just used to having it on every car. i cant stand people being able to stare at me at a light, creepy lol i just like privacy... and makes a huge difference with the sunlight. but tint does look better on lighter color cars, urs might be too much cause of your 150 windows lol. they charge extra for wagons anyway lol
                don't you dare call my Google phone an iDevice, haha.. j/k The mount is made by a German company called KUDA, but they sell it in the US as well, Pretty cheap @ ~60 USD and its top notch quality. The cradle is made by a dutch company called Carcomm and is phone specific and charges the Nexus as well as connects it to the AUX input on my factory nav unit so I can stream Pandora or Youtube or MP3s files while I drive, REALLY handy and can't imagine going back to the CD changer or even XM as I had in my previous wagon.

I agree about the privacy factor of tint, I used to have dark limo tint on my previous wagon but I lived in ghetto Long Beach back then and int was a must if you parked on the streets.

Comment

haha my bad, i **** I-anything too lol. just looked like an i-phone, funny how everyone i know has one and they sound like crap!

Comment

Nice MB!

Comment

Can't wait to get some help lowering my wife's Silver 2001 $matic Wagon. Any leads?

Comment

Originally posted by fitz2lust4 View Post
                        Can't wait to get some help lowering my wife's Silver 2001 Wagon. Any leads?
                        unfortunately is there isnt much you can do to lower a 4matic besides cutting springs, which IMO on a mercedes is a completely safe practice as it uses tightly wound linear springs with 10+ coils, (plenty to cut from). Cutting 1 to 1.5 coils off the front and 1.5 off the rear with a carbite blade while keeping the spring cool by poring water on it to keep it from heating up too much and changing its spring rate on you. It should lower your wagon about 1.5" to 2", which is a bit higher then what my car was at in the first set of pics. Cutting coils off a springs increases its spring rate so couple that with a pair of Bilstein HD front shocks and you should have a sporty front end. As for the rear, after you cut the rear spring you need to adjust the rear self leveling hydraulic shock, otherwise even after cutting the spring the self leveling system will keep on raising to the rear end up, thinking there is load on the rear, not knowing that its actually a shorter spring.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by wagonist View Post
                          unfortunately is there isnt much you can do to lower a 4matic besides cutting springs, which IMO on a mercedes is a completely safe practice as it uses tightly wound linear springs with 10+ coils, (plenty to cut from). Cutting 1 to 1.5 coils off the front and 1.5 off the rear with a carbite blade while keeping the spring cool by poring water on it to keep it from heating up too much and changing its spring rate on you. It should lower your wagon about 1.5" to 2", which is a bit higher then what my car was at in the first set of pics. Cutting coils off a springs increases its spring rate so couple that with a pair of Bilstein HD front shocks and you should have a sporty front end. As for the rear, after you cut the rear spring you need to adjust the rear self leveling hydraulic shock, otherwise even after cutting the spring the self leveling system will keep on raising to the rear end up, thinking there is load on the rear, not knowing that its actually a shorter spring.

Hope this helps.
                          This helps tremendously.I didn't see your reply, so i emailed you too. But this is great information! I appreciate it!!

Comment

Never been a huge fan of the bubble eyes but i like yours and what can i say about the wheels? There classic one of my faves
                            I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

damn your wagon is so sick. im planning on doing the same to my wagon. however dont know too much about the hydraulic rear suspension. im in LA as well maybe we could meet up sometime.

Comment

those are old pics as this is an old post. If your in LA I'll PM you my number and feel free to hit me up if you got any questions. This is my 2nd W210 wagon and I know these cars like the back of my hand now...

This is how it looks now, tho the fronts lower then this as of last weekend, should have new pics up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X