No announcement yet.

FS: Two sets of Vintage FVD Brombacher WORK Wheels for Narrow Body Porsche 993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Two sets of Vintage FVD Brombacher WORK Wheels for Narrow Body Porsche 993

I have for sale two sets of WORK Brombacher wheels. These are 18" wheels offset for use on narrow body Porsche 993. The full measurements are: Front 8.5" x 18" et54 and Rear 10" x 18" et60. Front wheels weigh approximately 22-23 lbs and rear wheels weigh approximately 24-25 lbs. Detailed photos of these wheels can be found here:

Flickr - FVD Brombacher WORK Wheels Album

New a set of these wheels will cost $3500 + tax & shipping. They will also take at least 4 months to be manufactured and delivered to the USA. My original plan was to sell one set of wheels and keep the other for my 993. Recent, large repair bills are compelling me to sell both sets.

All 8 wheels are straight. Two wheels are brand new and were delivered to me from the WORK Wheel factory last week. The other 6 are vintage racing wheels used exclusively on the track by the previous owner. Some of these used wheels have light scuffs and scratches on the lips. These marks are not from rubbing curbs but from these wheels being mounted and dismounted repeatedly on asphalt at the track. These wheels were imported into the US on a ROW '95 993 converted to a RSCS tribute track car by its original German owner. I bought the wheels from the US owner of that 993 race car after the car was totaled due to an accident on the track.

These 6 vintage wheels were made by WORK Wheels in Japan, but branded and sold through the German Tuning shop FVD Brombacher (www.fvd.de) in the late 1990s. All 6 wheels have 993 period appropriate date stamps from '97 and '98 and FVD Brombacher logos etched on the wheel lips. These wheels could be used as street/track wheels or restored for a period appropriate race-prepped show car. They are being sold in 'as-is' condition.

For sale purposes, I've divided the wheels into two sets: Set A consists of 4 vintage wheels. Set B consists of 2 vintage wheels and 2 New-In-Box wells just delivered to me by WORK Wheels Japan. Set A could be used 'as-is' with some touch up paint to the paint chips on the black centers. Set B will require having the two blue wheels refinished to match the new, silver wheels. For the sake of making sense of the photos wheels labeled A1, A2, B1 & B2 are 8.5" front wheels. Wheels labeled A3, A4, B3 & B4 are 10" rear wheels.

Set A: 4 Black Vintage Wheels - $2750 OBO
    The first set (Set A in the photos) has black painted centers. All of these wheels have date stamps of either '97 or '98. 3 of the 4 wheels have the FVD Brombacher logo etched on them. The etchings are a bit worn. I believe the fourth wheel lost it's etching when the lip was polished previously. The previous owner told me these wheels have been rebuilt and repainted several times over the course of their use as track wheels. One valve stem doesn't match the others but functions fine. New valve stems can be ordered from the US-based parts department for WORK Wheels (based in Southern California). I was planning to keep this set of wheels due to their period appropriate authenticity. Wheels are straight with very minor scratches on their lips.

***Please see the photos linked through my Flickr account for greater detail.***

Set B: 2 Blue Vintage and 2 New Wheels - $3250 OBO

The second set (Set B in the photos) has two vintage wheels with blue painted centers (one front and one rear) and two New-In-Box WORK Wheels. Clearly the blue wheels will need to be refinished as the paint is chipping and doesn't match the two new wheels. The vintage wheels have date stamps from '97 and '98 and FVD Brombacher etchings. Though there are some design revisions to the rear-faces of the newer wheels, both new and old wheels weigh the same. All wheels are straight. The used wheels have minor scratches on their lips. The new wheels still have protective film over their fronts and will be shipped with all the factory original packaging (valve stems included but not yet attached).

***Please see the photos linked through my Flickr account for greater detail.***

Prices are "Or Best Offer". I expect the buyer to pick-up the cost of shipping and any transactional fees (such as PayPal's 3% fee). I am willing to ship internationally if the buyer can provide me with a valid FedEx or UPS account to bill shipping charges directly to. Local buyers are welcome to contact me to view these wheels in person. Anyone interested, please send me a PM with questions.

One last note, I also have a 9th wheel that has a damaged outer lip. The inner barrel is slightly bent as well. I will include this wheel for parts (extra face, bolts, & valve stem) with the first set of wheels that sell, as a bonus.

Bump!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

The set of black wheels has sold.

The blue and silver set remains. Offers are welcome!

Comment

trades for 19x9 x11 +38 work brombacher wheels for your set off a cayman s?

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but I've got a 993 so 18" wheels are as big as I am willing to go. Anyhow, I'm really looking to sell these wheels not trade them for more wheels.

Here are some example photos of these wheels on various Pcars:

On a 987

On a 993

On a 964

Or on a 996

Comment

Bump for the silver/blue set!

Comment

Working...
              X