No announcement yet.

Rebuilding one of my many dream wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding one of my many dream wheels.

Guess ive gotten in that age that i can afford to finally do one of many things ive wanted to do for a long time now. start and build up my dream wheels. and there are many.
    This will also be a tread where i put up my builds. because this is not my last one.

First out is my 19" BBS LM. its my first time refurbishing wheels and i gotta say its a joy do to it.

this weekend i managed to do 3 of the wheels. and by that i mean grind away the marks and scratch in the outer lips and do a lite polish on them. its the only set i have right now so i needed them back on the car to drive it.

Im still missing the new gold bolts and the red and gold sentercap. but, i guess the hardest job is done. But on to the pictures.

all wheels had curb rash on them. and all of my work was done by hand.

Rear wheels first. just cause i like them lips.

1 down, next one up.

2 barrels done!

And since my car was on the lift the whole weekend, i had to roll around in my buddys old bmw. Hella hard seats in the damn car.

Anyway. next up was the front. and it was a bit of a struggle. i guess the brake dust, and some salty roads had done its job!

1 fucking bolt was rusted in place. didnt want to bang it to much. so i had to grind it down.

alot of marks and such that needs to be grinded down. i found them all!

I dit not to anything to the centers. they will be proper repainted by the autoshop. because i dont want to tackle such a big job without any experience. also i want it to be mint, and i know that i can not do that. and i dont want to start practice on this centers. untill i get my new bolts and such, this is how far ive come. I will also repaint the inside of the barrels. but along with the centers.

also next up is my 17" BBS RF. when the LM`s are done.

Last edited by stbk; 09-14-2015, 06:03 AM.
    Visit Bagriders.com for the best deals on Airride suspension.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Hi Hi
    How is going well? cheer you man!
    I also love BBS but the most is RS, still looking for them to do the custom 14".
    But it so difficult in Thailand.

So you set air on your benz and camber? that fucking crazy man!
    Keep it up bro., brother from another mother...bahahaha
    https://www.instagram.com/phet_fresh/

Comment

Hi Phet! everything is going well! no air on the benz man. it will be a DD on static coils. the maxima will also be on static but mutch wider. will post more pictures when i get the Meister S1`s

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

Love progress pics.

You planning to build your RFs into 18s?
        Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Nice progress, wheel builds are always fun to read about and look at.

The only downside to doing it all by hand is the soreness of them for about a week after!!!

Originally posted by phet_fresh View Post
          I also love BBS but the most is RS, still looking for them to do the custom 14".
          But it so difficult in Thailand.
          Keep looking, 14in RS are hard to find, but I've managed to buy 2 sets(1 sold, 1 kept).....you'll probably have to look outside Thailand though!

Comment

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
            Love progress pics.

You planning to build your RFs into 18s?
            yes, i believe i spoke to you on Email?

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
              Nice progress, wheel builds are always fun to read about and look at.

The only downside to doing it all by hand is the soreness of them for about a week after!!!

Keep looking, 14in RS are hard to find, but I've managed to buy 2 sets(1 sold, 1 kept).....you'll probably have to look outside Thailand though!
              i got a bit inspired by your man cave i must admit.

I believe he is talking about 14J width.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

Im looking for the gold center cap holder. does anyone know where you can source that? or is it just something i have to get custom made.

EDIT. i see spinfab making those, should i go for it?
                Last edited by stbk; 06-11-2014, 02:06 AM.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

great,it will be a DD on static coils. the maxima will also be on static but mutch wider. will post more pictures when i get the Meister S1`s

Comment

Originally posted by thinksomuch View Post
                    great,it will be a DD on static coils. the maxima will also be on static but mutch wider. will post more pictures when i get the Meister S1`s
                    ?

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

So i got the golld bolts today. ordered 100 bolts just to be sure. and atleast 20 of the was rusted and started to let go on the golden plating.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

Where did you order them from? Did you supply the hardware for plating?

Comment

Originally posted by BenFenner View Post
                          Where did you order them from? Did you supply the hardware for plating?
                          bought them from felgen fuchs. i bought complete sets of gold plated bolts. still have all my original hardware. but still.. im not that happy with rusted bolts

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

Let us know how they react when you let them know. That is almost unfathomable.

Comment

I've recently been hearing of multiple incidents regarding felgenfuchs products. Last thing I heard was their barrels cracking and shattering, one after another.

Comment

Working...
                              X