00' Volkswagen Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00' Volkswagen Cabrio

Yo.. So I'm thinking of lowering my 2000 cabby.. but I dont want to spend that much. Any suggestions? Anything would be greatly appreciated

I would personally recommend WRD coils. I have them on my mk4 and they make them for the mk3 as well. I have put a few thousand miles on mine and the ride is not bad at all, not too bouncy and not too stiff, and although it is my only experience with budget coils, I've heard over on vortex that they are some of the best for the money, and almost on par with ST (those aren't my words, don't quote me on that :P ). They do not go super low with the perches and helper springs in. I still have mine in and I can't really say how much it drops because mine is a mk4 and I am almost positive that even though the cabby is a 2000, they were still considered mk3s, but I still have the helpers and perches in and a few threads left and it sits nice and its a pretty comfortable ride.

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
      I would personally recommend WRD coils. I have them on my mk4 and they make them for the mk3 as well. I have put a few thousand miles on mine and the ride is not bad at all, not too bouncy and not too stiff, and although it is my only experience with budget coils, I've heard over on vortex that they are some of the best for the money, and almost on par with ST (those aren't my words, don't quote me on that :P ). They do not go super low with the perches and helper springs in. I still have mine in and I can't really say how much it drops because mine is a mk4 and I am almost positive that even though the cabby is a 2000, they were still considered mk3s, but I still have the helpers and perches in and a few threads left and it sits nice and its a pretty comfortable ride.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply mate, this cabrio is my first car so it might be awhile until I say "lower" it, but I have a lot in mind for it. Maybe some day it will look something like this..http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server52....1280.1280.JPG

Comment

^haha yeah, my tires are too big to go that low and too new to get rid of, so I've never actually seen them all the way down, but here's a picture on my mk4 with 7 threads in the front and none in the back (which I don't think gives much representation for what the mk3 ones look like on a mk3, but maybe)

Comment

Yea yea! I dig your car man. I checked out your build, haha. I like all of the progress you've put in it so far. It's pretty much the same story with my little cabby. I'll have to reasearch about it a little more, but I'd love to drop it if possible and when I start racking up some green!

Anyway, how much do you think lowering my Cabrio on WRD coils would come out too, (a guesstamit)
          Last edited by sirdapper; 12-09-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks I have the same problem right now, not enough money

Here's the link to the mk3 coilovers:

which I'm 90% sure the mk3.5 cabrio used, but you may want to check into that before you make a purchase. The site says 35mm to 65mm for the mk3 which is 10mm more than it said for my coils for the mk4, so that's a pretty good drop. It doesn't sound like much because 65mm is only about 2.5 inches, but its less for the mk4 and I'm about 3 inches lower than stock and I still have threads left. I'm not very experienced with coilovers either, so I'm not completely sure how those measurements and all work, but there's a picture that shows them all the way down on the site, and each individual car will be slightly different, but it should be a pretty good estimate. That's also with the helpers and perches in, so you've still got more to go down if you ever decided to.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
              Thanks I have the same problem right now, not enough money

Here's the link to the mk3 coilovers:

which I'm 90% sure the mk3.5 cabrio used, but you may want to check into that before you make a purchase. The site says 35mm to 65mm for the mk3 which is 10mm more than it said for my coils for the mk4, so that's a pretty good drop. It doesn't sound like much because 65mm is only about 2.5 inches, but its less for the mk4 and I'm about 3 inches lower than stock and I still have threads left. I'm not very experienced with coilovers either, so I'm not completely sure how those measurements and all work, but there's a picture that shows them all the way down on the site, and each individual car will be slightly different, but it should be a pretty good estimate. That's also with the helpers and perches in, so you've still got more to go down if you ever decided to.

No. Thank you man! Very helpful indeed, i'm so ready to work my magic on this car.. Although it's my first I want to start it off right. ya know? Ever since I bought the car from an older German man for ($1700), I've been readyyyy But anyway once I start building I'll probably post some pics and stuff but as of now I'm transferring all of the title and sheettt.. Soooo it might be a little while Although
              I feel a little spoiled.. I KBB'd the car and found out in GOOD condition it's worth about $3200 It only has 77,000 miles on it with a new tranny(it's manual) , timing belt, tires (Solus KH16), muffler system, brakes and brake calipers Man you gotta love those Germans and the devotion to their cars.
              Last edited by sirdapper; 12-09-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

post a pic when you get it lowered

Comment

Will do, It might be awhile.. but don't worry i'll be back around some day

Comment

Working...
                  X