Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please!!!

Hi I need some help.
    I'm. In the process of slamming my Daihatsu sirion 4trak.
    I've got some PCD adaptors which are not hub centric.
    They change the stock 4x100 to 4x114.7 for my 1976 appliance industries mags.
    The PCD adaptor uses a spigot ring as the center bore is raised from 54.1 to 67.1
    The problem is that after the PCD adaptor is fitted there is no more hub for the rim to sit on.

I am currently running the stock tyres as this is my daily. I will be getting the new rear struts for the car soon as PB Brakes sent the wrong ones. The wheels will be ready to bolt on by then. I need advice in whether to purchase new parts or whether it will be safe enough to just bolt the wheel unto the adaptors with nothing in the center as support.
    Thanks in advance.

Il post a build thread as soon as I'm done.

You will be perfectly safe without a center hub extension for the wheel to rest on. Once the wheels are torqued down, the friction between the wheel pad and the hub carries all of the sheer loads. Modern wheels are lug-centirc, and assuming yours are the same (acorn or tapered lug nuts/bolts) then as long as you take a little care when mounting to avoid any binding of the hardware you will be all set.

Comment

Originally posted by BenFenner View Post
      You will be perfectly safe without a center hub extension for the wheel to rest on. Once the wheels are torqued down, the friction between the wheel pad and the hub carries all of the sheer loads. Modern wheels are lug-centirc, and assuming yours are the same (acorn or tapered lug nuts/bolts) then as long as you take a little care when mounting to avoid any binding of the hardware you will be all set.
      I'm sorry, but this is not true!!!

The studs or bolts are not designed to carrie the sheer loads!
      Nore is the friction surface of the pad and hub...
      You always want you rims, adapters or spacer, if they are that huge
      they cover the hub completly, to be hub centric.
      Also every modern wheel is hub centric, it's for a reason.

I only know two cars that are lug centric, the VW Bug and the Mitsbishi L200..,
      and they are lug centric because of the design of the axles...

Comment

Working...
      X