Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Redrilling (5x120 to 5x130)

Hi!

Just a question, anybody have any experience redrilling from 5x120 to 5x130?

I'm looking at picking up a set of BBS Super RSs for my Cayman, but they only come in 5x114.3 and 5x120.

I reckon the 120 would be "easier/safer" to re-drill to 130? Not to mention the center bores would work out nicer.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Phil, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're in Japan and looking for an 18" set, there's one on YAJ right now for a good price, but 114.3.

Comment

Originally posted by staystetti View Post
      Hey Phil, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're in Japan and looking for an 18" set, there's one on YAJ right now for a good price, but 114.3.
      I was actually looking at that set of Super RSs.

Problem is, I'm worried that going from 5x114.3 to 5x130 would be too much.

I'm essentially worried that after the fill and drill, because 130 is so much bigger than 114.3 or 120, that it would "cut" into the face of the wheel, if that makes sense.

Comment

You should be fine. There are plenty of 5x130 RSs out there, and as far as I know, they all have the same lug cap diameter as every other RS. 5x130 RSs put the lug circle pretty close to the outer edge of the lug area, but the bolt holes are still within. Going from 5x114.3 to 5x130, you're only moving the lugs out by 8mm, after all.

Comment

You will be fine. I had a set of te37s that were redrill from 5x130 to 5.114.3 with stainless inserts and they were hardly noticeable from a short difference.

Comment

Working...
          X