No announcement yet.

Nathans R53 Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photobucket ruined these photos but you get the idea.

Just the stereotypical "cleaning my wheels" picture.

Camber shot.
    2005 Subaru STI

Comment

awesome - wish i could get my gf to drive one..
      91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
      ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
        awesome - wish i could get my gf to drive one..
        Thanks man. Haha. They're awesome cars dude. Those that talk down upon them have never driven one.
        2005 Subaru STI

Comment

once i get it stanced right ill post them ...have everything on but need to figure out rear camber and drop it some and then drop front another mm or 2

Comment

Ohh wow! I love you mini!
            Did you get those air suspension? I'm on coils and after a while my front tires melt the plastic fender so now its not rubbing anymore XD
            sigpic
            Mini Cooper S 2005
            Engine: Alta 17% Pulley | Alta CAI | SuperSprint Exhaust | Alta Ignition Upgrade
            Transmission: Craven Speed Short Shifter
            Wheels/Suspension: Adjustable Control Arms | Standard R3 Coilovers | Rotiform BLQ Custom Purple 17 x 8

Comment

I know that Mini! Looking good man.

Comment

looks so cool man , ive only just started to get into these new mini's ,now im not picking faults or anything ,cuz i **** that but, i think you should split the headlights and paint them black and maybe loose the chrome surounds ,maybe body colour or somethin .also if you could get the camber the same front and rear , that would be so cool . pls dont think im wanna these guys who always knows better , i mean i drive a 190e merc thats only lowered about 60mm so i really dont have much right to comment but these r just sum ideas im throwing out there , ........like i said at the start , cool car man ..................and i will lower my car soon ....promise :

Comment

I haven't updated this in a while but I sold the coilovers, camber plates, and the RS' and I bought some pretty cool stuff.

Untitled by NathanWaddey, on Flickr

All the stuff should be in Monday afternoon but I won't be able to install it until Thursday afternoon. I'll definitely update this after I get it all installed and get some pictures though. Until then, you'll probably see faster updates if you follow me on instagram.

@nathanwaddey
                  2005 Subaru STI

Comment

Got all of this today!

2005 Subaru STI

Comment

Well I got it all done and laid out. Sort of. I had to get 16mm spacers for the fronts so the stock wheels cleared the bag and so the fender lays on the tire before it even airs out completely. With it aired out completely it bends the hood outward so until I can get some camber dialed in or some 16's I will probably just leave the fronts aired up a little at all times. And the rears have 10mm spacers and the metal fender lays on the tire so I need to flare those out so it will tuck and sit lower. Here's a picture of how it sits with it resting on the fat tires all around.

After driving the car for about 15-20 minutes, I was turning into my dads neighborhood and the front right bag just dropped to 0 psi. For a second I had thought I blew the bag because of the tire rubbing on it. Turns out the leader line hose portion blew out of the fitting that connects to the bag..? So I aired up the three other corners to try and get as much weight off the front right as possible and drove it about 50 feet down the street to my dads driveway so I could get it off the street.

And this is what I found when I got the wheel off.

I stuck the leader line hose end back in the fitting to the bag and it now holds the air just fine. I'm not even going to bother driving the car though until I can get a new leader line ordered. And I am assuming I will probably need a new bellow bag for the front too after that number... Has anybody had anything like this happen to them? I have never even heard of this problem happening... Then again, I am new to air ride in general.
                      2005 Subaru STI

Comment

Bag riders will give you a new bag. Its all under warranty. You just need to send them that bag back. The same thing happend to me in my gti
                        This is my signature

Comment

Originally posted by sterling archer View Post
                          Bag riders will give you a new bag. Its all under warranty. You just need to send them that bag back. The same thing happend to me in my gti
                          Sadly, he told me that because I bought the struts used, the warranty doesn't apply to me... They said they would send me a free leader line and give me a bag for $150. It could have been worse I guess.
                          2005 Subaru STI

Comment

Working...
                          X