-71 Ford 17m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -71 Ford 17m

Hello from Finland! Just recently found this forum and been admiring the cars posted here.

So thought I'd also contribute by shoving my 1971 ford 17m. Bought it as totally standard, but in pristine condition. Honestly all I was going to do was drop it just a tad, but things escalated quickly

What I ended up doing was putting on bigger disc brakes all around, polybushing everything, coil-overs to front and de-arching the rear leafes. There was really nothing available of the self, brakes are from merc w210 and ford scorpio, polybushings from here and there etc.

Also after a year of scouting I found a very nice set of Rial honeycombs. Enough said, here are some before and after pictures along with a few pics of the process.

I should really take proper pictures now that the suspension has settled. If you want to go through the rest of my project pictures, you can find them here http://s990.photobucket.com/user/tlt...?sort=3&page=1

very good work man

https://vk.com/y200yk23rus
    https://instagram.com/y200yk/

Comment

looks great. that body is in immaculate shape

Comment

Looks awesome.
        on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

sweet!

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Looks awesome.

Comment

Wow! More pics needed!
                  My '66 C10 Build
                  My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

i think so,looks great. that body is in immaculate shape ,thank you

Comment

solid clean up
                      follow me on IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it coming from people with such sweet rides themselves

It's a continuous project, first steps were the suspension, brakes and wheels. Next up is the drivetrain, at the moment it's running the original 1.7 ltr V4. Plans are for a 2.9 ltr V6 and automatic box from a ford scorpio, I already have a donor vehicle but I'm going to go through the mechanics and especially concentrate on beefing up the autobox.

The car was painted about three years ago by the previous owner, and it has totally covered only 94 000 km. It really is in pristine condition so very nice to work on, just need to be careful not upset the purists who would like nothing more than seeing it in it's original form. Like I really care what they say

Comment

Start a build thread! Love to see the progress on this
                            My '66 C10 Build
                            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

I've never seen one of these, looks awesome.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Working...
                              X