Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadway Static Suspension Coilovers Intro and Group Buy Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to assemble the camber kits on the fronts, then time for the e28 install.

am on enstagrem 2
    ig: phelan_anufrijevas

Comment

• Nice dude, I love mine!

Glad others are grabbing the e28/e24 setups too

I'm on my 3rd set of broadways now with the e36
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Im stoked I can't wait to have them in and to see how low they go. I was going to start the instal today but couldn't figure out how to get the camber kit on, but once I get that their goin in. Khalil I wana see more pictures of your e28 I love it !!

am on enstagrem 2

Comment

• Any one else have this issue ?

The centers are different sizes it doesn't fit snug :/

I contacted BWS they are going to send me a little sleeve that im missing for the camber plates to fit correctly
          Last edited by FREExSPIRIT; 05-11-2014, 05:41 PM.

am on enstagrem 2

Comment

• I'm happy to say I have installed my coilovers ! However my ride is extremely bouncy. I have it set about 4 clicks from full soft. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it ? The roads are extremely smooth and I'm still bouncing . I'm afraid to go lower haha.

am on enstagrem 2

Comment

• 1st BWS setup for a MK5/6 GTI! Thanks again Jaze

Comment

• Originally posted by FREExSPIRIT View Post
                I'm happy to say I have installed my coilovers ! However my ride is extremely bouncy. I have it set about 4 clicks from full soft. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it ? The roads are extremely smooth and I'm still bouncing . I'm afraid to go lower haha.
                Mine were very bouncy as well at about those same settings. I settled at about 8 clicks from full soft in the front and then about 14 clicks from full soft in the rear, seemed to smoothen things out.

Comment

• The bounce is 100% about too much pre load. On our e36 cars, it can be tricky because the spring is separated from the spring. When a spring is pre loaded, it raises the spring rate, which will be out of the efficiency range of the shock causing a bounce. You should be getting zero bounce no matter what the situation is.

The way to get rid of it is to relieve some of the tension on the rear springs. I always set the ride height with springs alone, and then extend the shock to match the rear lower mounting point and it's perfect every time.

Some people understand the relationship of pre load and how it affects their ride quality quite well so they are able to manipulate the set up to almost not move at all with zero bounce. This Is an advanced method, and not suggested unless you are very familiar with its effects. Many of us do this well, but some have had trouble as it requires some knowledge that isn't common so I suggest everyone follow the instructions in their box unless they are experienced.

in Free spirit's case, he had to swap over camber plates so he had the pre load issue I was talking about. Since he has a 5er, it has full coil overs so it is a bit different but same in the fact that a heavily pre loaded spring can affect things. With cars that have this style suspension you should be able to spin the spring freely, but have no up and down play. This straightened his issue and will help a lot of others to achieve what they want from their coils.

I urge ever one to contact us directly as we can help you much better and than anyone else. We have seen it all and have tried it all on every car we sell suspension for, so it's best to run it by us because we know exactly how to get it right without the trial and error. I pay a sales and tech department good money, take advantage!

Would you guys like to see a video detailing the process? It may help some of the more visual guys, so just say the word!

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I'm always down for a video

I only have the front in, but they are bouncy; nothing terrible and it depends on the road. I have the preload set per manual (spring is compressed about a a 1/4" from its uncompressed state). I am on pretty soft settings, no exact idea as I have lost track of my dampener clicks.

Comment

• Once you throw the rears on, that will sort itself out. The extra movement from the rear is probably what's throwing the ride off.

Already making arrangements for the video, that should explain how to get your coils set up perfectly on the first shot.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I like videos
                        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                          Some people understand the relationship of pre load and how it affects their ride quality quite well so they are able to manipulate the set up to almost not move at all with zero bounce. This Is an advanced method, and not suggested unless you are very familiar with its effects. Many of us do this well, but some have had trouble as it requires some knowledge that isn't common so I suggest everyone follow the instructions in their box unless they are experienced.
                          Holla atcha boiiiiiii

Loving my 3rd set of Broadways Jaze. Am I VIP member yet?
                          I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Interesting, I'll try removing some of the tension on the rear springs and see if that helps.

Comment

• Crazy good deal for crazy good coils!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                                The bounce is 100% about too much pre load. On our e36 cars, it can be tricky because the spring is separated from the spring. When a spring is pre loaded, it raises the spring rate, which will be out of the efficiency range of the shock causing a bounce. You should be getting zero bounce no matter what the situation is.

The way to get rid of it is to relieve some of the tension on the rear springs. I always set the ride height with springs alone, and then extend the shock to match the rear lower mounting point and it's perfect every time.

in Free spirit's case, he had to swap over camber plates so he had the pre load issue I was talking about. Since he has a 5er, it has full coil overs so it is a bit different but same in the fact that a heavily pre loaded spring can affect things. With cars that have this style suspension you should be able to spin the spring freely, but have no up and down play. This straightened his issue and will help a lot of others to achieve what they want from their coils.

I urge ever one to contact us directly as we can help you much better and than anyone else. We have seen it all and have tried it all on every car we sell suspension for, so it's best to run it by us because we know exactly how to get it right without the trial and error. I pay a sales and tech department good money, take advantage!

Would you guys like to see a video detailing the process? It may help some of the more visual guys, so just say the word!
                                I'm going to try this method. My fronts get no bounce whatsoever and ride very good. Rears on the other hand, ride good but are very bouncy. Constantly smacking my lip on my quarters.
                                Instagram: @mattragsdale
                                '97 M3 build

Comment

Working...
                                X