No announcement yet.

1984 Mercedes 500SEL Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see it together and driving now!

Great find on that Technics as well, perfectly suited for the W126.
    - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

Hey sweet 560! Makes me want one.

Also, what did your friend do to the w111 4.5? I have a 4.5 w116 wouldnt mind knowing some modification routes that dont include selling and buyimg a 6.9 car.
      Mercedes:
      93' 190E Sportline
      80' 450SEL 6.9
      67' 250SE

Comment

Quick update!

First bit of self-inflicted damage. I know, I know it's really bad. Already got it fixed but haven't taken an 'after' picture yet.

Some 'after' pics with the second set of springs.

Forgot to take a pic after I installed the steering wheel. I love the new perspective it gives to the gauge cluster.

aaaaaaand the bumper will be delivered to me tomorrow!

I also got the driver quarter panel repainted last week, there was a rust spot by the tail light that I couldn't stand to look at anymore. My friend busted it out in a day!
        Last edited by hi its me alec; 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM.
        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Finally got this bumper on, totally changes the look of the car. I'm thinking about trying to make a custom front lip out of my old bumper because I don't see anyone wanting to buy it, I was thinking just a subtle lower extension piece kind of thing.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Did the grill today. The center upright piece was already bent as hell before I tried taking it off. In fact, I couldn't even get it off (all the chrome pieces slide off after you take the grill apart.) Tried doing all kinds of weird stuff to yank it free, but gave up because of time constraint. Also my needle nose pliers have gone missing. So I just masked it off quickly (only used 1 piece of tape total) and sprayed it outside. Gave it 10 minutes to dry and threw it back together. Lost 1 of the upper grill bolts in the hood

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

So any way I can find out what was done to your friends w111?
              Mercedes:
              93' 190E Sportline
              80' 450SEL 6.9
              67' 250SE

Comment

Originally posted by GTShunter View Post
                So any way I can find out what was done to your friends w111?
                I was trying to get a full list, but I'll just tell the things I know about.

Ported heads
                Advanced timing
                Gapped spark plugs
                Lightened rockers
                Custom headers (similar to 126 tri-Y setup) and exhaust

Something is also going on with the cams, can't remember what they were from. The main difference between his 111 and any other 'fast' V8 merc is the manual transmission and rear end gearing around 3.5 IIRC
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Wow awesome and thanks for the info. The auto is def a power sap. If you could have him pm me whenever he is free.
                  Mercedes:
                  93' 190E Sportline
                  80' 450SEL 6.9
                  67' 250SE

Comment

car's looking great mate!

http://www.mvip.com.au
                    clicky^

Comment

Finally got an AMG/Gen 1 front spoiler. Should arrive in a couple weeks, and will take a couple more to make presentable. This is the only one I've ever seen for less than $500 shipped, damaged or not.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

You get it from the guy in UAE? He sells lots of amg and rare parts on FB and ships them to LA, Miami, and BWI.
                        Mercedes:
                        93' 190E Sportline
                        80' 450SEL 6.9
                        67' 250SE

Comment

Originally posted by GTShunter View Post
                          You get it from the guy in UAE? He sells lots of amg and rare parts on FB and ships them to LA, Miami, and BWI.
                          I don't think so, just a random guy on eBay. Didn't care to look but it was one of the many states south of Minnesota.

Also took a couple pics this week

recreation of 80s coke deal

saying 'goodbye' this morning, the one day i didn't drive it to work this week. planning to take it in tomorrow.
                          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Today I finally unwrapped the AMG front spoiler, looks better than I expected from the pictures. Just a terrible old paint job and a few minor cracks.

Has a couple cracks, you can see my fingers in this picture

Dog ears still very intact on both sides

Has a couple minor splits underneath too, which will be easy enough to fix and reinforce. I'll probably make a skid plate/splitter too.

So that will be a fun fall/winter project!
                            Last edited by hi its me alec; 09-22-2014, 10:39 PM.
                            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Also a couple glamor shots

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Sneak peak - slammed the rear. Needs a good wash and pro pics now

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                                X