Better ride quality with stiff springs- e24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better ride quality with stiff springs- e24

So at the moment my car is on Ground Controls with Koni Yellows, spring rate is 700 all around. The konis havent been revalved. My ride quality has become shit since I lowered the rear, nice on smoother roads but as soon as there a bump or transition you feel it and youll bounce inside the car. I plan on cutting the rear bump stops to get a little more travel (thats what im thinking is causing it) but whats the secret to decent ride quality and stiff suspension?
    -Jason
    91 Lagunengrun 325i
    88 635csi (Parted & Crushed)

Bump
    -Jason
    91 Lagunengrun 325i
    88 635csi (Parted & Crushed)

Comment

Most of the ride quality comes from the valving of the shock. The shock, dampens the impact of a "bump" or a compression and without the proper amount of resistance, most of the force is transferred to the spring and and shoots the car back up after a compression and back down for a vicious circle until it settles. So long story short, you need a re valve for 700 lbs springs if you want it to ride good. Anything over 100lbs in spring rate change is going to need a revalve and if those shocks are for a factory or close to factory e28 and given GC's preference to softer valving i would suspect they are several 100's of pounds out of spec.

Hope that helps

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
      X