Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excellent decision...I always enjoy how much the little mods make such a huge impact

here's a pic of his car with the reflectors so yall can really see the difference

E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• i love the gas cap on the amazon coupes and sedans but if you're looking for new things to fabricate for your car a gas cap behind the taillight or the license plate would be really cool

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
        i love the gas cap on the amazon coupes and sedans but if you're looking for new things to fabricate for your car a gas cap behind the taillight or the license plate would be really cool
        I like the Amazon filler cap and location too much remove it. A small part of me enjoys having to crouch down to fill the tank haha

Comment

• Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
          Just came in here to gawk at this beautiful car... haha
          Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
          I still love it. That is all.
          Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          Me too!
          Originally posted by corey View Post
          I have the biggest crush on this car
          Originally posted by 3EyedGoat View Post
          car looks lovely
          Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
          Looks so clean with the shaved markers! This car is amazing, never gets old.
          Well thanks guys!

Comment

• Just wanted to reach out and say hi. I follow you on Instagram as well and love getting the updates about your car. As a fellow car guy from AZ I was curious who painted your car as well as who you used for the interior? The quality looks top notch and I'm sure they wouldn't mind some more business coming there way as well.

Thanks,

Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by Offlimts502 View Post
              Just wanted to reach out and say hi. I follow you on Instagram as well and love getting the updates about your car. As a fellow car guy from AZ I was curious who painted your car as well as who you used for the interior? The quality looks top notch and I'm sure they wouldn't mind some more business coming there way as well.

Thanks,

Terry
              Hey Terry, so Frank at Royal Customs in Phoenix did the paint/body work and a guy I know Deon did the upholstery. I'll pm you the info

Comment

• Thanks Keith I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                  Okay so question time...

Im looking to roll these beastly, old Volvo fenders. I have no idea why they are so overbuilt. So im not sure what methods will work. Wonder if anyone has used the Eastwood tool on anything this thick before. Could maybe cut sections and roll them in little bits at a time. I do have a heat gun. Want to try to do this myself if possible.

Also, Is there any way to add a couple of degrees of camber to a solid rear axle (without using the torch method)? Shims, washers?

Thanks in advance
                  awesome car man, you can use wedge shims like they do on the renaultsport clio's, they just bolt in between the rear beam and stub axle. check out k-tec racing to see what i mean.
                  Transform your vehicle with high-performance parts and accessories from K-Tec Racing. Shop now for quality upgrades, expert advice and international shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBW114 View Post
                    awesome car man, you can use wedge shims like they do on the renaultsport clio's, they just bolt in between the rear beam and stub axle. check out k-tec racing to see what i mean.
                    http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_prod...d=3630&appid=2
                    I looked into it more after I posted that and there is basically no way to do it with a live rear axle, and it makes sense why it can't. I just didn't know what was possible. Thanks for the reply though!

Comment

• So my build thread is sort of turning into a photography dump. I still have quite a few things left to do on this little car, but im at that point where I can stand back and look at it. I feel pretty happy with where its at. I took it out downtown yesterday on my day off. Just kind of cruising around looking for a decent place for a quick shoot. I came across this old warehouse that had a neat little loading dock area. The owner/renovator of the building came out and talked with me for a minute. He mentioned that its the oldest warehouse in Phoenix and was first owned by Swedish immigrants the Sturges brothers. I thought that was kind of a cool anecdote and fitting for the old Swedish car. I left a lens I could have used at home and it was way too bright out for this location, but I got what I could. I think im going to go back someday closer to sunset and bring some more gear.

Last edited by Keith602; 03-06-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Love it dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          Love it dude.
                          Thanks man!

Comment

• your photo skills have improved quite a lot....very impressive shots (wallpaper)

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
                              your photo skills have improved quite a lot....very impressive shots (wallpaper)
                              Thanks! I've been trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
                                Kinda sketchy with only a engine picture. People already bidded 3500 euros on it...
                                Sad people try to fake this shit
                                I actually followed this.

First let me say: awesome build! So inspiring. I have my Amazon Combi at a static drop as low as your lowest air setting and needles to say, I need to rethink it

Now, on to the topic of the v8 Amazon:

It exists and was built in the 90's by a Dutch hotrod builder who I grew up around the corner from by the name of Eric Bouwer (funny as Bouwer actually means 'builder' in Dutch"). Eric's a great guy, but his customer was whoever and sold it to a cousin/nephew, who knows. This guy currently owns it and is, an idiot. That's as kind as I can be.

This guy put it up for sale recently with the worst ad I've ever seen, I was convinced it was a fake. I got in touch with the guy and he was weird, strange, distant, didn't answer questions and generally just confirmed my thoughts of a fake ad. Especially when I mentioned your car which he had pics up of as 'A finished product' example. Kind of profiling as if he built it, but doesn't know how to turn a wrench. Eventually a guy i know was interested as well, managed an go see, and took me with.

His ad had a pic or two of your car and one sketchy shot of the engine bay. Long story short: I've seen the car in person. Last week saturday actually. It's a v8, SBC 305 with a B&M blower with blown bearings, TH400 trans, custom tunnel etc. all fits between stock suspension with stock cast iron manifolds, has a early 940 axle and true dual exhaust. But it's a mess. The guy is an idiot and an assh*le. He reckons 435hp of that motor. No way. The build itself is decent, in fact in my opinion quite good. The guy I know thinks it's messy but he's one of those extreme perfectionists.

It's fantastic that he's inspired by your car but people like that who think they have gold when it's crap (not the build just as it is now) always baffle me. He wants 30k euro's for it! It needs EVERYTHING.

Anyway, saw it last Saturday (dutchies feel free to contact me ).

Just wanted to share that with you guys.

I'll be starting a thread of my own soon on several builds I have going, but I'll start with my Amazone Combi which is getting a T5/5spd conversion later this year and is currently low and slow I also have a VW that's gettin a juice setup etc. Sorry to Hi-Jack!

Awesome ride man. LOVE IT! Such an inspiration!!!!
                                Last edited by Scuby; 03-14-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X