Transformation of my e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformation of my e36

Ok, decided it's about time to show off my progress..and from what i started

Story of getting the car is pretty simple. I've done some freelance programming and from my first moneyz decided to get a car. My father had e30 few years ago..and we both were totaly in love with BMW's..
    so here's what it looked when i brought it home

it was pretty much f.ked up - only 3 ou of 4 cylinders worked, head was blown, lots of suspension parts needed change etc.

Fortuna smiled to me, i met with a guy who was studying in university, and he needed to make a warehouse controlling app to graduate..also he was a very talented when it comes to engines and cars in general (he drives e30 m30b35 ) i offered him my services for exchange in engine swap
    so i got an engine swapped for free. Then was the time to change bearings etc..

then local dealer of used BMW parts contacted me and asked for web page in exchange for some parts. I wanted some wheels and tires..Style 32's

then was the winter and some drop.. in this pic car is frozen

some snow..

was browsing internetz and found bimmerforums..Droooooled all over the place and cought slammage feever there.. Sean, Silv3r, Mike and Austin are responsible for this Thank you a lot

Decided i need some bbs in my life and then swapped my style 32's for BBS RF Styling 5000. 8.5 et40, 225/45 fronts, 235/45 rears
    and got this broken mtech bumper for cheap

rattle canned the bumper only pics i have is from primering..

polished whe wheels and spaced them out (20mm)

not on the flat ground, don't mind that huge gap

got the coils. mounted them. was happy with ride height for about a week. Lowered. Again, week. Lowered. Two weeks. Maxed out. Week..want lower

this is how it sits at the moment..

[IMG] [/IMG]

here's how i want it to sit in the rear

oh an here's random reflection shot

also there were lots of mods i don't have pictures of: installing hids, fogs (had to do all the wiring), swapping mechanic windows to electric ones etc etc.

plans: bring the front another inch. Bring the rear a looot.
    drop in m50b25 with m52b28 internals (~230 hp). Get white leather interior. Recaro preferably. Get mtech sideskirts (twisted ones). Get rear mtech bumper. Search for wider lips and widen rear RF's to 9.5-10inch. Respray whole car.

basicaly, this is my lego kit i love this car. I love how much i learned about cars in general, while owning it - i didn't know sh1t..and now..well, i've done almost everything on this car myself..
    i love all the memories asociated with this car. (no, i didn't lost virginity in it. but there were a lot of good times. )

just looking at all these pics is something..
    oh, and note - my ground clearance is smaller than a fender gap was

Thanks for reading.. comments and suggestions are wellcome
    Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2009, 10:03 AM.

Love your story man! I just got a car not long ago, hoping to learn a lot. I don't have much money to mod it, but they will come slow one by one I am sure.

Comment

I've gotta give you props man. You've brought this car a looong way from how it was when you got it. Awesome job

Comment

Originally posted by RomanTaylor View Post
        Love your story man! I just got a car not long ago, hoping to learn a lot. I don't have much money to mod it, but they will come slow one by one I am sure.
        Thanks. oh, and one suggestion - never back down there will be times when evertyhing will look completely f.cked up, the car will brake down etc.. give it some love, and it will return. At this moment i can say i'm almost happy with the looks of my car..and it's a pleasure to drive it. I love the way people look at it, especialy when i'm approaching speedbumps and my front bumper is pretty much the same height as the bump etc..

Originally posted by E36Bimmer93 View Post
        I've gotta give you props man. You've brought this car a looong way from how it was when you got it. Awesome job
        Thank you, kind sir

Comment

looking good man.
          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Nice build man, keep up the good work

Comment

Sick. What's the deal with the green lip?
              Originally posted by da3bous
              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                looking good man.
                thanks

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                Nice build man, keep up the good work
                definately will! thanks

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                Sick. What's the deal with the green lip?
                i wanted to add some colors plus it really grabs attention. i love it

Comment

I like it too!

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                    I like it too!
                    cool. So far it's a love/**** thing..50% of people love it, 50% **** it but i don't really care about ******, i'm building this car for myself..

Comment

Good on ya

Comment

Maybe try painting it blue? Like the color on license plate. It will stand out, but not as much

Comment

okey, updatezzz. I've just installed dove white lux interior

these were there before:

this is now

will install doorcards tomorrow
                          more pics will come tomorrow.

Originally posted by RomanTaylor View Post
                          Maybe try painting it blue? Like the color on license plate. It will stand out, but not as much
                          i want it to stand out
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

This new interior is sex! I love it! Much better than old one.

Comment

Dove seats look sick!

Comment

Working...
                              X