SSR Valve stem questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSR Valve stem questions!

So I bought these SSR vienna's 2 months back and thought it would be a good idea to just replace the valve stems not knowing the age and condition of the current ones. I called SSR about what would work with my wheels and they asked for pics so I emailed them over. They got back to me a short time later and told me those valve stems are no longer made, and they will contact SSR Japan to see if they can track any down.

So heres the issue. If SSR cant find the valve stems I need whats the best route to take? Will just some basic 90deg stems off ebay work?

so heres what the stems I took out looked like

question is are all 90deg stems the same hight? would something off of ebay like these work?

or should I order these? says they are a direct replacement for old SSRs

Comment

Just realized the next problem Im having. The valve stem holes are .400" I am totally stumped as what to do. Do I drill them out to .450 and buy new stems? Do I rebuild my old SSR stems? all 4 need schrader valves.

Comment

Unless you specifically want some valves from ssr, you can buy any motorcycle valve and put it through. Just dont over torque the bolts and destroy the rubber bushing. They just valves dont overthink it.

Comment

Unless you're determined to get original stems you can use regular rubber pull-through stems and add chrome outers without having to redrill them and compost your brains.

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Working...
          X