No announcement yet.

Mods you "****" for dumb reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although it's classier just to put a yellow strip of tape on your rear lip.

But I love drift/track status trends.

Roof racks on a tiny slammed sports car? Fuck yes

Mis matched wheels? Fuck yes (just please don't leave the track with mismatched wheels... that just looks stupid, unless you were stupid enough to ruin your good tires on your matching wheels and you are forced to daily drive in mismatched wheels)

Oh, and this is slightly off topic, but goes under calling stuff the wrong stuff (wheels as rims etc) because you are ignorant.

I **** it when people call non coil-over-oil layout adjustable suspension "coilovers". Like the Ground Control kits for the E30, or the FK coilovers for the E36 (http://www.esetuning.com/FK-Automoti...-p/fkxbm50.htm) where the spring and strut is separate at the back with the springs sitting in the OEM perch with threaded spacers.

Coilovers mean the suspension is compacted into one assembly mounted on the outer edge of the suspension arm.
    Last edited by Atlantian; 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM.

Originally posted by checkmate2006
    SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

I don't think you realize that tons of cars have the separate rear struts and springs..

Coilovers by definition are actually just the adjustable springs that go OVER the strut. Hence coil OVER. They are full coilover systems in my opinion, because up front it is a full coilover and in the rear, it is separated because that is how the car is designed, aftermarket companies have no choice but to follow how the car is designed... So really they are full coilover system in regards to FK's that you mentioned, same as the StanceWorks/AST coilovers that they had made... In regards to Ground Control those are actually called coilover sleeves, and can go right over the strut in most cases. So really they too are "full" coilover setups.. Which really annuls your argument.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I at least have a different image in my head for "full coilovers" than just "coilovers" when it comes to E36s...

but I would rather there be a distinction that avoids the confusion...

Comment

boser hoods or eyelids

I don't get it, obviously some people like them, but I never have.
          I would love for someone to change my mind, but I haven't seen a good example yet...

Comment

i know im gonna get ***** for this but i dont care

im getting tired of seeing bbs rs's everywhere i look
            sigpic
            stanced dc5

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian View Post
              I **** it when people call non coil-over-oil layout adjustable suspension "coilovers". Like the Ground Control kits for the E30, or the FK coilovers for the E36 (http://www.esetuning.com/FK-Automoti...-p/fkxbm50.htm) where the spring and strut is separate at the back with the springs sitting in the OEM perch with threaded spacers.

Coilovers mean the suspension is compacted into one assembly mounted on the outer edge of the suspension arm.
              :dunno I strongly disagree. If we're dissecting the word "coilover", yes, it means coil over strut... but a lot of cars are designed with the two separated in the rear. Its just the design of the suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                :dunno I strongly disagree. If we're dissecting the word "coilover", yes, it means coil over strut... but a lot of cars are designed with the two separated in the rear. Its just the design of the suspension.
                That's what I was trying to say. You just put it into a lot less words hahaha.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                  boser hoods or eyelids

I don't get it, obviously some people like them, but I never have.
                  I would love for someone to change my mind, but I haven't seen a good example yet...
                  I like my boser

And on the topic of coilovers, as other people have said, lots of cars have suspension setups like that, VWs included

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                  Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

I don't have mods that I **** without reason but one thing that has been driving me completely insane lately is the sticker fetish. 9 times out of 10 I see a dope car with stickers it just really kills it for me. I used to have a few goofy ones in my rear window of the e39 but I took those off too.

That and black wheels. Used to like them, **** them now on almost everything. I was probably the person you saw post that I don't like them in the e60 guys thread. His car is dope as hell and the wheels are really nice but them being black kind of kills the flow for me. Thats another thing that it seems is just me though.

Comment

^^Yup that's the thread I was talking about

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                        I like my boser
                        I'll check it out

Comment

okay, I don't mind this hood, it's subtle, but I'm not going to say I like it yet. It could grow on me...

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                            he knows. he has a 190e, springs and struts are seperate on them. he just enjoys typing stuff from what i can tell on here and 190rev haha. and people dont have overfenders because of safety, drift cars just need to look crazy cuz why else would you drive around burning tires? its a looks game
                            *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                            blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Billet aluminum grilles make me shudder, as do tinted headlamps and "chrome" windshield wipers. Also, the whole "jdm angled exhaust" thing has me asking "why?" I can deal with it on some cars, especially if the engine has the balls to back up the look, but I recently saw a car with a stock exhaust angled ridiculously toward the center of the car. I then proceeded to throw up in my mouth a little.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                              yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
                                I don't think you realize that tons of cars have the separate rear struts and springs..

Coilovers by definition are actually just the adjustable springs that go OVER the strut. Hence coil OVER. They are full coilover systems in my opinion, because up front it is a full coilover and in the rear, it is separated because that is how the car is designed, aftermarket companies have no choice but to follow how the car is designed... So really they are full coilover system in regards to FK's that you mentioned, same as the StanceWorks/AST coilovers that they had made... In regards to Ground Control those are actually called coilover sleeves, and can go right over the strut in most cases. So really they too are "full" coilover setups.. Which really annuls your argument.
                                Yeah, I meant coilover should be used to strictly describe the geometry. But "coilover" has been used to cover all adjustable suspension setups like "Kleenex" used to describe all house hold use tissues. Lol.

Originally posted by hypercrush View Post
                                he knows. he has a 190e, springs and struts are seperate on them. he just enjoys typing stuff from what i can tell on here and 190rev haha. and people dont have overfenders because of safety, drift cars just need to look crazy cuz why else would you drive around burning tires? its a looks game
                                Yeah, I've been looking up "catalog coilovers" for many different cars because I was considering switching cars. But I realized that all cars need modifications to the suspension system/chassis to run the suspension system I had in mind.

I've been since been reading all the stuff on Rev about what people found about coilovers. I'm willing to cut through my chassis and drill out holes to be bigger to fit in adjustable one-piece race suspension into the 16vlv.

Oh, and no offense to some of you guys on here. (particularly to Mike and Hypercrush), but I really don't like the look of having everything clean minus a rusted hood.

Just distracting to look at.. (but Mike's car was progressive, and he has a dent in the pillar, so having a clean car with a pillar dent would look weird).
                                Last edited by Atlantian; 06-02-2010, 07:47 PM.

Originally posted by checkmate2006
                                SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

Working...
                                X