No announcement yet.

Golf Mk3 herp derp thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i prefer the golf front end too. Love the 16v.

Comment

Thanks guys, here's the promised update:

Started off by taking the grille apart and cleaning it as good as I could

And then put it back together, Wasn't too sure on using the 16v badge but theres some slight marks on the grille from it so I decided to put it back on.

Cleaned the Mk3 headlights aswell

Before

After

After that we turned our attention towards the beauty queen (this is her good side)

She had a bit of a knocking sound going on so we replaced the drive axle, which looked like so (note the rubber cover on the closest end)

Shortly thereafter I started stripping down the front of the golf

And after taking the longest time to make sure the hood was sitting even with the fenders it looked like this

And, last, the amazing fitment

That's it for now, going to start sanding one of the last two wheels tomorrow, they would all be done by now if I wasn't so lazy lol.

And please no **** on the headlights, I'm going to replace them.
      Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

A fine looking mk3 you have here buddy, shame you never opted for the futura's, lovely wheel and suit a mk3 almost perfectly.

I also quite like a vento front on a golf, even if they are played out haha

Keep the updates coming man!
        Bri

Respect Existence or Expect Resistance - AoF

VW <3

Comment

Thanks, agreed on the futuras, unfortunately they were 17", 5x112 and ended up being 9,5" wide because i cant measure for shit lol. Though the original plan was to put them on an audi, but that never happened.

I'll make sure to run some sick splits on my next car though.

Comment

Here's a shitty cellphone pic of what I did today, I made it small so it looks better then it actually is:

This means there is one more wheel to paint and then there will be room for the Golf in the garage so I can get some work done.
            Last edited by Pierate; 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I like the colour on the wheels and good that you gonna give it the 20years look again, imho it looks just boring without all the red decals n badges!

Comment

Speaking of which, I wouldnt mind rocking the red stripe all around once again if the striping tape i used would hold better, it started to come off after some washes Other then that the only red will be the front badge and side badges.
                I like your mk3 a lot and I have no choice but to go for black gti headlights after seeing yours, well, until you changed them lol

Well, now I'm all excited to get stuff done so tomorrow is garage time

Comment

ahhh that e30 of yours! nice.... i like it lol!
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

lol my e30 is a shame compared to yours man but atleast it runs damn well and the seats are whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierate View Post
                      lol my e30 is a shame compared to yours man but atleast it runs damn well and the seats are whole.
                      lol yeah runs and somewhere to sit always helps lol
                      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Originally posted by Pierate View Post
                        Speaking of which, I wouldnt mind rocking the red stripe all around once again if the striping tape i used would hold better, it started to come off after some washes Other then that the only red will be the front badge and side badges.
                        I like your mk3 a lot and I have no choice but to go for black gti headlights after seeing yours, well, until you changed them lol

Well, now I'm all excited to get stuff done so tomorrow is garage time
                        Thanks, mate!
                        I use 3M foil on mine. They sell sets which use that foil on eBay germany. Just clean the plastic with silicone remover before you put the decals on and it won't come off any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd View Post
                          Thanks, mate!
                          I use 3M foil on mine. They sell sets which use that foil on eBay germany. Just clean the plastic with silicone remover before you put the decals on and it won't come off any time soon
                          Checked it out and ordered a set, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Wow, the vento front looks super clean on that mk3. I think you should put them back!
                            "A bad apple, like an unemployed macintosh"

Comment

Heh, the paint was pretty meh on the hood though and everyone is running vento fronts nowadays.

Anyway, good news, I should be getting some money soon so I can buy some tires and whatnot, finished painting the wheels aswell.
                              The red stripe should also be making a comeback soon

Comment

lovin it brosama

Comment

Working...
                                X