Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
    hit the nail on the head.
    While i do like poke in some instances. There still isnt an intelligent explanation for excessive poke. I can explain flush, and camber (dont be jealous VW guys ) but you cant explain poke.
    I will have both if you get me those parts. (That is my GS in front of my GTI).
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
    Originally posted by Jedidiah
    he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Im not convinced. Perhaps we should start a new thread, but since flush is so easy to define, it seems that a tasteful well executed poke would be harder because you have infinite combos.
      Well, i respectfully disagree here as well.
      There are TONS of combos for flush.
      Small strech, Mid strech, extreme strech (note my y33 on the main page)
      Stock camber specs, mild camber, aggresive camber, extreme camber (note my y33)
      Wider wheels with higher offsets, narrower wheels with lower offset,

Mainly the fact, we do it with 18/19/20s while you guys poke on 15/16/17 and most vip (i only say VIP, becuase it is easilly associated with) are the same height as you guys.
      Disclaimer:
      I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

I don't think it's particularly fair to compare different platforms. ...Which brings me to me saying again that stance isn't one formula or one "set" stance that can be achieved. It's the whole package and everything is incorporated.
        if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Im not convinced. Perhaps we should start a new thread, but since flush is so easy to define, it seems that a tasteful well executed poke would be harder because you have infinite combos.
          infinite number of combos = infinite number of solutions

you can't really define "tasteful" when talking about something that deals only with personal taste.

it's not a big deal to me, just thought i'd speak on it. whatever floats your boat homie.

Comment

Okay, but one style is one way, and one is the other. i could put 19s on my e30, but it wont look good. Old school euro cars in general are alot smaller, and thats what wheels we have available.

VIP style is flush, Other styles arent

Flickr

Comment

I encourage a healthy debate, but you can't explain/prove what "stance" is. You can only "explain" it in your own PERSONAL TASTE. There is no right or wrong. You don't have to like all of it. It's all based on opinions.

Comment

Subjective thread is subjective

Flickr

Comment

It just seems people are putting their wheels outside the fenders to do it nowadays. Some of the older mk1/mk2 cars it looks right on cause of the overall look of the car.
                  But to have to run 16s, so your wheels and tires are so small that you can be fake low, just kills it.
                  Id much rather see a mk4/3 on 18s, at the same height of the 16 guys, with correct fitment, becuase it shows workmanship, dedication, time.

i can slap some shit thats too wide on a car in an hour if i wanted to.
                  So i think it goes more into workmanship and finesse more than anything. ive seen one VW on here that had poke i liked. the rest are just like, " Hey im gonna be cooler htan you and poke 2" more on a stock body".
                  MKI and MKII VWs belong on nothing bigger than a 16" (even smaller for a MKI) simply bc the cars are small and anything bigger looks completely out of place on the small fenders and wheel wells. A MK3 on 18s would just look stupid, again, bc of the size of the wheel wells. Any MK4 on 16s with small tires, stretch, poke, etc. will look like shit as the wheel wells are too big for such a tiny wheel. This all falls under part of what makes or breaks a car's stance, as wheel diameters proportional to the car size play a big part in the overall look.

Mainly the fact, we do it with 18/19/20s while you guys poke on 15/16/17 and most vip (i only say VIP, becuase it is easilly associated with) are the same height as you guys.
                  Bigger cars = Bigger wheel wells = Bigger wheels to look proportional

It has nothing to do with car height

My car has poke all around but all of the tire tread easily tucks under the fenders, does that make my car have mexi-poke?

Last edited by aar0n.; 01-06-2010, 05:46 PM.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                  Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by BLKonBLK98 View Post
                    now i can dig that you may have a specific amount of poke you are trying to achieve but it's a target with no bullseye. flush can only be flush, anything else is tuck or poke.
                    I think this fits within the original question in the thread.

IMO, the bullseye is just as much a balance as flush would be.

You go a few MM's too low and you're rubbing all over the place, you're bashing your fenders, and it just looks too silly.

You get your offset too high and it doesn't really poke enough to get the poke look. At that point you're basically in flush territory and no longer poking as originally intended.

I've run a flush stance as well as a poke/stretch stance. Both took the same amount of research and fitting. Neither one was any more difficult than the other.

**This discussion is all in fun. I hope it doesn't come off as anything negative or anything.**

Comment

if there is such a thing as precision poke that would be it (yours aint bad either d-town). i'm actually going to ammend my "i'm not a fan of poke" statement. it is very fitting on some euros.

which takes me to my #1 statement: "nothing is right all the time".

Comment

Dam, took me a while to get to the last post, some good convo/arguments going on here. I think this is the perfect place to have asked this question because there are so many different styles on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                          I've run a flush stance as well as a poke/stretch stance. Both took the same amount of research and fitting. Neither one was any more difficult than the other.
                          i can dig this too. problem is what i see way more often is someone who just wanted wheels this wide with that amount of lip or whatever and threw em on (or at least that's what it looks like).

i still don't agree that poke is as precise as flush though. take the jetta just posted for example. that is only a few mm of poke (some would even call that flush) but because flush is flush it's obvious that it's not flush. now if we were talking 1" of poke those mm (i.e. 20mm of poke vs. 25mm) would be indestinguishable.

Comment

Originally posted by omarsxb951 View Post
                            Dam, took me a while to get to the last post, some good convo/arguments going on here. I think this is the perfect place to have asked this question because there are so many different styles on this forum.
                            The my favorite part of this whole thing is that it has brought together so many different styles and viewpoints that wouldn't have mingled prior. It's great to see different viewpoints and various takes on a subject.

Comment

Sure, poke isnt precise. Neither is tucked. or level of lowness. Its all just different tastes and styles.

Flickr

Comment

I actually think Low might be the only thing most agree upon, the lower the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X