No announcement yet.

R32 GTR: A German/Japanese love affair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTR: A German/Japanese love affair.

Hi,

I'm Alex. Being JDM enthusiasts in Germany is tough. My brother an I have gone through plenty Japanese cars over the past couple of years including evos, stis and fds. I've now settled for a R32 GTR, which I would like to introduce.

I've made tons of pictures but note that I'm no professional - just a dude with a camera.

Current shot:

This is how I had it on day 1:

Sold the Interior, got an OMP steering wheel, seats and belts, and installed a cage. Rebuilt a set of BBS RS and slapped em on with new camber arms.

This is how it looks after the first set of changes:

My brother was takin' some snaps on a tour around the Nürburgring area. (we live around the corner from the ring)

I'm well aware that GTR enthusiasts do not like lowering them alot and putting stretched tyres on them, but with the current setup the car is not all too low so I have no rubbing issues. I can assure you I'm driving it hard as hell. For the track it would be another story, I have a set of black XD9's with 285/30's for that. For me the BBS+Advans are simply a solid blend of drivability and esthetics for the street.

For details on the setup please visit: http://www.rimtuck.com/setup/view/1814
    Last edited by h3llk1t3; 09-29-2015, 05:44 AM.

lol how u "settle" for R32 gtr

looks good tho
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I love the look, although even GTR arches seem to be struggling to cope with those immense wheels! A slight roll would make it a whole lot better I feel, but I can't deny that it looks amazing as it is!

Comment

love it
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

one of my dream cars

would like to see it just a tad lower, probably this will make it kinda perfect

flickr

Comment

To add some more info about the wheels:

I bought a BBS RS set in Japan and had 'em shipped to Germany in order to get the right PCD. Originally they were 16x8 +24

Went on and ordered 4 massive 4.5 inch lips which are thankfully easy to get in Germany.

Cleaned up and repainted the inner barrels black.

As well as spending ages cleaning up and painting the discs silver.

Adding a set of Advan AD08 in 225/45/16

Resulting in the final specs of 16x11

Not sure where I go from here yet, still got a million parts lying around which I've not decided if I gonna use or not.
            Last edited by h3llk1t3; 09-07-2014, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see it with the track wheels and tires. The RS and stretch just don't do it for me. I'm probably one of a very small number of people on here that don't even like RS...
              sigpic
              04 X-type | 2.5L 5-speed | KW Coilovers | 19x9.5 bbs style (not real) wheels w/ 245/35/19s | Mina Gallery exhaust | Specter intake | slotted and drilled rotors | race seats | Redline leather shift boots and suede steering wheel wrap | black mesh grills | Cosmo racing short shifter | trunk lip spoiler | euro front bumper blades |

Comment

i want your car!

Comment

LOVELY

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    lol how u "settle" for R32 gtr

looks good tho
                    Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                    love it
                    Originally posted by projektzwo View Post
                    one of my dream cars

would like to see it just a tad lower, probably this will make it kinda perfect
                    Thanks fellas,

next time I'll get some proper pics done it'll go lower, but at that stage driveability would suffer I fear. This is as low as I could go while driving as hard as I want to. I fully agree with you though

Originally posted by Counteract View Post
                    I love the look, although even GTR arches seem to be struggling to cope with those immense wheels! A slight roll would make it a whole lot better I feel, but I can't deny that it looks amazing as it is!
                    Much appreciated!

In regards to the roll, the rears are rolled, just not pulled. I might still go for that though. The fronts I assure you, are at the breaking point. In order to get the front wheels fitted I had to pop on some 20mm spacers.

Comment

nice work man!, loving this!

Comment

loving everything about this build, keep it coming.
                        sigpic
                        IG: @gman1227_

Comment

I love how the wheels look on the car! Looks amazing. And I'm with JagRacer, would love to see the track wheels on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JagRacer View Post
                            I'd like to see it with the track wheels and tires. The RS and stretch just don't do it for me. I'm probably one of a very small number of people on here that don't even like RS...
                            Originally posted by Jaegermeister View Post
                            i want your car!
                            Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                            LOVELY
                            Originally posted by gman1227 View Post
                            loving everything about this build, keep it coming.
                            Originally posted by Grossy View Post
                            I love how the wheels look on the car! Looks amazing. And I'm with JagRacer, would love to see the track wheels on it.
                            Thanks for the kind words,

I'll try to get some nice pics on the XD9's soon.

Comment

I personally love the RS'. Stretch, size and dish of them are so perfect and aggressive.The fact that you switch between track fitted wheels and sick street setup wheels is mad.

Originally posted by JagRacer View Post
                              runs bbs reps...does like legit RS' with 4inch dish and fat offsets
                              Like a glove

Comment

Working...
                              X