Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but the thing is you still have that area hanging down that you would end up notching out to roll the fender anyway. The door jam area is recessed behind the door.

I gotta cut the hell out of my door jam and the fender lip, I been cutting thread by thread and I still been tearing my tires up at the door jam area where it meets the fender.

Comment

Post up pics or email me some, there's always a solution to that kinda stuff,
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

MK3's are the worst I've had to do. The stupid holes for the fender liners make them all wavey unless you cut the lip up first.

e30 rears, on the other hand, are awesome to do, this is my white car with a -15 offset. no cutting or anything

Comment

Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
          Post up pics or email me some, there's always a solution to that kinda stuff,
          Ok, its a hacked up mess now tho. At least until I figure out when to stop cutting

And I know all about having holes in that lip.

I had rolled it up just enough to clear my tire before I got the adapters. Someone hit my fender with a car door and split the lip behind the fender. So, when I rolled the fender all the way it didnt pull that part of the fender as much as it did the rest so it waves there also!

Comment

Looks like a good diy is in order from someone with experience
            "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

[QUOTE=Byron;177380]MK3's are the worst I've had to do. The stupid holes for the fender liners make them all wavey unless you cut the lip up first.

e30 rears, on the other hand, are awesome to do, this is my white car with a -15 offset. no cutting or anything

dude, Mk3s are a breeze compared Lexus GS and LS cars, freakin nightmare, the trim holes screw things up big time, not to mention the huge brake calipers the roller has to clear, spacers or removing the brakes then shaving and pulling is the long way round but always works better.

e30s and Mk1s habve the best arches in the world ... except for that underseal crap they load into the rears,
              Last edited by Tonys18t; 06-13-2010, 12:20 AM.
              Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

Wonderful towntown Granada Hills, 91344
                Aww what! Ur clsoe to me! U should roll out to one of the 6 flags meets, i'd like to meet you. haha

there's a thread for it somewhere on here.

Comment

LMAO @ the roller on the rear dash in the first pic. Good man for putting i out there for the community.

Comment

In the first pic you see how unlike most sedans the door does not go around the wheel well but straight down.

In this pic you can see the design of the door jam makes a wall that stops the roller from going all the way to get the last inch or so. Mind the glaze. After the first few cuts I had to put the glaze on to cover any jagged edges so no one gets cut on them. It look terrible cause I have done more cutting since then.

Now you see that little tip? Well it needs to be reinforced once all is said and done cause now that tip bends pretty easy. Figured that out the hard way.

Im thinking I have to cut all the way up like this pic. You can also note that the door jam area sits back as far as the lip itself did so in the end even if I did roll the lip all the way my tires still get chewed up and rub there until I radius that area out also.

Comment

Originally posted by xBtony View Post
                      Aww what! Ur clsoe to me! U should roll out to one of the 6 flags meets, i'd like to meet you. haha

there's a thread for it somewhere on here.
                      Yeah, thats super local, you probably know eric with the white xb with the wide white steelies, he lives down the street from me.

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
                      LMAO @ the roller on the rear dash in the first pic. Good man for putting i out there for the community.
                      Gotta have the roller handy at all times, you never know when the call will come

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                      In the first pic you see how unlike most sedans the door does not go around the wheel well but straight down.

In this pic you can see the design of the door jam makes a wall that stops the roller from going all the way to get the last inch or so. Mind the glaze. After the first few cuts I had to put the glaze on to cover any jagged edges so no one gets cut on them. It look terrible cause I have done more cutting since then.

Now you see that little tip? Well it needs to be reinforced once all is said and done cause now that tip bends pretty easy. Figured that out the hard way.

Im thinking I have to cut all the way up like this pic. You can also note that the door jam area sits back as far as the lip itself did so in the end even if I did roll the lip all the way my tires still get chewed up and rub there until I radius that area out also.

Man, i totally see what you're saying, damn, thats designed especially not to be rolled and pulled,

i would probably go about it much the same way, ( short of cutting the whole thing away and making a custom arch )
                      Use a die grinder, it might give you more control while cutting than a sawzall or jigsaw etc.
                      Last edited by Tonys18t; 06-13-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I been using my good ole grinder a lot lately. Think Im gunna try out different discs.

Might just pull the inner wall out and tub it also. I been thinking about cutting a new arch but if I go that far Im gunna get some very low profile flares for the rear. The fronts factory like flare is more aggressive than back there anyway but its a DD so I gotta watch what I do. Simple things take forever to get done.

Anyway, now you know NOT to do a LS unless they give you a thick wad of scratch!

Comment

Anyone know of any good fender rollers in south florida? I need all 4 done on an 08 accord coupe, Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, thats super local, you probably know eric with the white xb with the wide white steelies, he lives down the street from me.
                            Hahaha oh wow. I kick it with him all the time. u guys should roll down next week

Comment

i might do that

Comment

good thread, i've been rolling people's fenders ever since i got mine last year (mainly just friends but a few people that never knew before) and it's always nice to read up on tips from people that have been doing it a lot longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X