X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubcap question (bare with me)

So I have a question about hubcaps.

Inb4 fuck off Ben

So I'm probably going to end my lowered car hiatus soon with a cool little merc 300e on the cheap, and I think I have a little wheel setup going on in my head.

I wanna run these hubcaps!

But I need to know if I need to pick up the specific merc 14 inch steelies to use them or if I can use just any old shitty 14 inch steelies. This might be a dumb question, but keep in mind I'm a dumb person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
    '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
    '01 BMW 740iL
    Instagram @bennkishh

My dad hat them on his merc, accordingly to him they should fit any standard 14" steelies...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
      My dad hat them on his merc, accordingly to him they should fit any standard 14" steelies...

Good good this comes as much appreciated new

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
      '01 BMW 740iL
      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Any way to get 5x115 wheels on a 5x112 car? Without spacers or anything, would wobble bolts work?
        '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
        '01 BMW 740iL
        Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Wobble bolts should do it. The heads on wobble bolts are often pretty thick to accommodate the wobble mechanism, so you'll have to make sure your hubcaps will fit over them.

Also, some Mercs are really fussy about bolt length, as the bolt can interfere with the parking brake mechanism in the rear. Just FYI.

You know you can probably get Merc steelies for pennies on BenzWorld or whatever, right?

EDIT: If you're going to use wobble bolts, you're probably going to want to make sure your wheels have the right hub bore to center nicely on the hub, otherwise there's nothing really holding the wheel centered.
          Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 12-19-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            Wobble bolts should do it. The heads on wobble bolts are often pretty thick to accommodate the wobble mechanism, so you'll have to make sure your hubcaps will fit over them.

Also, some Mercs are really fussy about bolt length, as the bolt can interfere with the parking brake mechanism in the rear. Just FYI.

You know you can probably get Merc steelies for pennies on BenzWorld or whatever, right?

EDIT: If you're going to use wobble bolts, you're probably going to want to make sure your wheels have the right hub bore to center nicely on the hub, otherwise there's nothing really holding the wheel centered.
            So much needed info in one post, let us thank the based god.

I've been trying to find these steelies forever and the only ones I can find around here are $250 plus my stock wheels with brand new tires.

I'm gonna try and utilize some cool meshes from a bonneville or a Grand Prix, I think they have some of the coolest wheels ever.
            '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
            '01 BMW 740iL
            Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Just weld them on.

Comment

some Mercs are really fussy about bolt length, as the bolt can interfere with the parking brake mechanism in the rear. Just FYI.

Comment

$5 to anyone who can find me wobble bolts to buy...
                  '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                  '01 BMW 740iL
                  Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

12mm shank, I assume? How long of bolts, and what seat?
                    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 12-20-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

12mm shank, I assume? How long of bolts, and what seat?

I'm really not sure. Picked the car up today tho.

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                      '01 BMW 740iL
                      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

^ A W124 will indeed want 12mm shank lugs. You'll have to figure out how long of lugs by comparing the protrusion of the stock lugs in the stock wheels to the stock lugs in the new wheels. Subtract the difference from the length of the stock lug bolts, and you'll have the length you need.

Comment

^ A W124 will indeed want 12mm shank lugs. You'll have to figure out how long of lugs by comparing the protrusion of the stock lugs in the stock wheels to the stock lugs in the new wheels. Subtract the difference from the length of the stock lug bolts, and you'll have the length you need.
                          Sounds like a plan to me. Stoked on this car, can't wait to start messing around with it.
                          '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                          '01 BMW 740iL
                          Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Working...
                          X