2G Talon Stance Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2G Talon Stance Help

so, i'm looking at pushing the limits on lowness of a Talon, tried asking for help on certain DSM forums, but obviously that's a bad idea....since they have a strong hatred for lowering a DSM.

I'm going to be going with Megan Racing coilovers, after hearing they have will get the car lower than most(all?) other brands. I just need some advice/help with the dimensions for my tires.

I'd like to run Diamond Racing steelies, and i'm wondering if I could fit 16x10 ET12 in the rear, with the tires tucked and not have them stick out the sides. I'd like to get a little tire stretch in the rear as well, because i've always admired the look of some nicely stretched tires, and it MIGHT help a little bit with tucking those tires. I'm not opposed to some negative camber, but I don't want a rediculous amount, maybe 1-2* just to keep the tire from rubbing. The car will be driven around town, our roads are pretty stable here, no speed bumps will be involved in any of my driving, and I don't drive fast anyways.

I'm just worried about smashing the transfer case off the ground, because of how low I will have to put the car to tuck the tires with 16s, but I don't see Diamond Racing steelies in anything bigger than a 16"

I know one of the rudeboistance members is on here with his GSX(well, it used to be his) that's pretty low on 10" wide wheels, but he has a more aggressive offset, so i'm hoping ET10 will be able to fit within the fender.

Here's how it's currently sitting, on 17x7.55 et40

i'm also debating getting a new muffler, just for more rear clearance

Last edited by iiNFAMOUSCHRiS; 11-23-2013, 08:12 AM.

also, would it be an easier way to determine this if i just divide the width(10) in half (5) and determine that with 0 offset, the wheel would stick away from the hub 5"(127mm), so if the offset is +45, then the tire would mount 45mm closer to the hub, pulling it 45mm away from the fender? Meaning that that particular wheel would be 82mm(3.2") away from the hub...?

Then just go out to my car, and measure exactly how much space is between the hub, and the edge of the fender, and go from there?

Comment

Working...
    X