X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    Cheap as in "economy" brake pads.

But also "made in china".

Very nice. I went out with my family on Sunday and did a pretty good-sized loop from Macedon to Sodus, trails were pretty rough by the time we were done.
    Solid.

We did 165 miles. Here is the carnage report:

-broke the windshield off the rev playing in 4 feet of powder.
    -lady friend got 2 tickets
    -guys from BRP had issues with the law
    -free ride 800 ran out of gas, twice
    -1 guy lost a bolt that holds the skid to the tunnel
    -various bumps, bruises, etc

It was the most intense day riding ever. Flat out the entire time. Cruising speed was flipper to the bars, slow down for the corners, and then to the bar again.

I did learn to carve in deep powder which was very addicting though. No pics or video which kinda sucks.

I literally need to get a race sled to keep up with the lady. lol. She rides harder than any of the guys I have ever ridden with. She has an X with revalved shocks and it's setup perfect for her. The 03 rev I was on isn't setup for hardcore riding. I either need a race sled with a 600, xrs, or x and then set it up properly.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I ride differently, blasting around the trails like you're racing is just a bad idea. We almost got smashed into twice by Tucker Hibbert wanna-bes who spun up every corner on the trails to bare dirt. Just seems disrespectful to the landowners and others on the trail. In the 700 miles that I've put on my sled since I've gotten it, the only thing I've broken is a ski loop on my sled from smashing a rock.

Don't get me wrong, I love rocketshipping around on the straights and playing around in powder, but going 60+mph on local trails that are shared with people and their kids... not the best thing to do.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I ride differently, blasting around the trails like you're racing is just a bad idea. We almost got smashed into twice by Tucker Hibbert wanna-bes who spun up every corner on the trails to bare dirt. Just seems disrespectful to the landowners and others on the trail. In the 700 miles that I've put on my sled since I've gotten it, the only thing I've broken is a ski loop on my sled from smashing a rock.

Don't get me wrong, I love rocketshipping around on the straights and playing around in powder, but going 60+mph on local trails that are shared with people and their kids... not the best thing to do.
        Yeah. I guess I made us sound a bit more reckless than we are.

There is a difference from riding hard and being a flat out idiot.

We stay on our side of the trail, slow down for other groups, and don't cut corners and all that stuff. We do ride hard, but we're safe. We don't pass slow people and don't run down the trail at 90+ side by side.

Would I go that fast around here? Not at all, trails are too narrow. Tug hill is a different story, trails as wide as a state road and marked very well.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Where you ride certainly makes a difference. When we went to Dorset (Canada) years ago, the trails were literally like roads. 15 feet wide, flat as could be, and fast. I think we did a few 200-mile days because the riding was just so easy to do.
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Where you ride certainly makes a difference. When we went to Dorset (Canada) years ago, the trails were literally like roads. 15 feet wide, flat as could be, and fast. I think we did a few 200-mile days because the riding was just so easy to do.
            Exactly

I just don't want you to think we're morons. lol

I've been riding for 15+ years. I'd never put another person in danger with my riding. If I hurt myself that's my own damn fault.

Same goes with blasting back roads in a car.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Morning all.

Fucking tired. 3 shows this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                Exactly

I just don't want you to think we're morons. lol

I've been riding for 15+ years. I'd never put another person in danger with my riding. If I hurt myself that's my own damn fault.

Same goes with blasting back roads in a car.
                I reserve judgement until I see things in person, typically.

A guy I work with rides like a retard, that I've seen first-hand. He plays it off as being a "slightly aggressive rider", but he insists on blasting out of every single corner wide open and destroying any rideable snow. He roosted the front of my sled with rocks and dirt three times last year when I rode with him, at which point I vowed to never ride with him again.
                Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                Morning all.

Fucking tired. 3 shows this weekend.
                Ha, living the good life takes its toll on you, huh?

Comment

• I wanna sled.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                    I wanna sled.
                    It is literally the worst investment, ever.

You pay the same amount you would for a car, for something you use maybe a total of one to two weeks out of the year (if the snow is good), which consumes copious amounts of fuel, oil, time, and money; all of which depreciates drastically the second it hits the snow.

This is why I buy used sleds that need a little bit of loving on the cheap, and enjoy them as much as possible.

Comment

Ha, living the good life takes its toll on you, huh?
                      Yeah.

It's time to take a break for a bit.

Comment

• Lol what in the actual fuck? Apparently Style 5's are now worth as much as RS's?

I get that it's a "rare" occurrence to have a set of squared 17x9's, but come the fuck on.

Comment

• Talking to like 5 people about the equips.
                          I love tax season
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55101

Lol what in the actual fuck? Apparently Style 5's are now worth as much as RS's?

I get that it's a "rare" occurrence to have a set of squared 17x9's, but come the fuck on.
                            Nah man, RS's go for alot more these days

Comment

• Morning bitches.

Today is change out coolant temp sensor day.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                                Morning bitches.

Today is change out coolant temp sensor day.
                                sounds lame

Comment

Working...
                                X