Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's like driving a photoshopped Ferrari with splits and 6" lips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool IMHO

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
      May I ask how you overcame the clearance issues for the spacers? It sounded like those were quite big issues when you first spoke of them, so I'm wondering what you ended up doing to make it work.

/edit: Just noticed in the very last pic you posted... the fit of the hood doesn't look that good. Any thoughts of maybe reworking that so it lines up better?
      Ich bedanke mich. I had to cut the inner fender wells out in front and back and make compound curved inserts to allow for another 15mm or so of swing.

The hood and paint work needs a little love. I'm driving it daily to subject it to normal abuse and shrinkage and will repaint the whole car in Winter or Spring. The hood needs to drop about 5mm as you noted, as the kit seems to be designed for the GT and not the GT-S with the larger intake.

I'm taking this build slow and like to say that each month it gets better My problem normally is that I'm too gung ho and complete a car in a month or so then get bored with it. This project needs to stretch out over a few years, but look decent while under construction.
      My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• I never would have thought this was a Celica at all. Car looks great, 30 mpg "Ferrari" love it

Comment

• Anything new with this?
          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• I Love it...I wouldnt care if Fiero was underneath it...You imagined it and you executed it! Bravo!
            Last edited by dfjyu; 01-30-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Couple new pics. Hoping to get rolling shots at some point...

It's been a great daily driver since September or so and with around 30MPG, fuel prices dropping and my 19 mile commute each way, I'm saving serious cash compared to the AWD Jaguar
              Last edited by exexpat; 02-15-2015, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• i used to have mixed feelings about this; but with the fitment on point i'm really diggin it.

hats of to you sir

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

• Looks absolutely stunning, though i am not sure i can quite get over the fact that it is FWD...
                  [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                  [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                  Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

• Saw you this morning and waved. You were following me in the white A4 avant for a good portion of 405-S. Car looks good. Definitely turns quite a few heads from passers-by.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

• Thanks, man. Still lots to do on it, but has been a great daily driver. Added the stripe last night...

Comment

• not sure if i **** this thing cause fake or love it cause you pulled it off so fucking well

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBig_Wood69 View Post
                          not sure if i **** this thing cause fake or love it cause you pulled it off so fucking well
                          That is pretty typical and kind of why I built it. You *should* **** it.

Comment

• Damn this is amazing. I can only imagine people's faces when they hear that its a toyota.
                            There's a video of an mr2 with a ferrari 360 conversion with a 2gr and an oem 360 exhaust and it sounds close to the real thing even though its not a flat plane v8. Have you considered a 2gr swap? I know they came in the toyota blade which is similar to the 7th gen Celica in terms of engine bay size.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Something different for sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                                Damn this is amazing. I can only imagine people's faces when they hear that its a toyota.
                                There's a video of an mr2 with a ferrari 360 conversion with a 2gr and an oem 360 exhaust and it sounds close to the real thing even though its not a flat plane v8. Have you considered a 2gr swap? I know they came in the toyota blade which is similar to the 7th gen Celica in terms of engine bay size.
                                I'm actually happy with 2ZZ and 6 speed trans. It weighs nothing - less than a 7th gen Celica.

Comment

Working...
                                X