Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any examples of extremely low offset wheels on an E36?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any examples of extremely low offset wheels on an E36?

Picked up an E36 last night for the slides.

Planning to fit my wheel setup.. though it's quite extreme.

Fronts would be 17x9 -19

Rears would be 17x9 -35

Or some 18x10et30s which I've flipped for the rear.

I'm just curious to see the most aggressive offsets people have fitted to 36s. Mine I know will require some work, but I can't proceed until I have new hubs to redrill (the wheels are 5x114.3)

Thanks

P.S. here's one of the 10s offered up with no subframe, they gon' poke!

Google...

Comment

Fantastic answer. A forum about stance and my answer is google.

Comment

Unfortunately I have no perfect numbers for you.but here is what I've been observing:

Sadly the owner never stated what kind of offsets he is running, but comparing to other e36 setups, and knowing the rear wheels are 11.25J + looking at lip size and camber those are easily in the negative double digit offset.

Quite honestly I have zero hands on e36 experience, so don't take my word for it.

I reckon you should put on some semi aggressive set of wheels from a friend or similar and do your measurements.

Comment

yeah google

Comment

Oh and, I know it's fashion and common practice nowadays on all kinds of forums to tell people to just go google or use the forum's search function, but guess what:

It's F*CKING annoying.

Comment

Haha thanks for the advice and backup H3llk1t3.

I'm back at my friends tonight helping him fit his 318 rear subframe so I'll take one of my -35s again and offer it up. We have tried before but as the PCD is different we just sat it in the wheel well. I could perhaps just try two bolts in and see how we get on. From looking before, it would probably camber in alright tbh. Tapatalk won't let me upload pictures

Comment

So I tried one on my car. Centre bore is perfect, but no bolts to hold it in place so sat the wheel on a tyre. If I fit these I'll struggle to lose traction no matter what. Doesn't mean I'll be getting rid of them though. Got my other 17x9-35s to go on the back instead.

Comment

Rofl, a bit of poke has never hurt anyone! Camber and stretch will fix it!

Fun aside, it is kinda deep negative offset - ain't gonna be easy!

Comment

Yeah, there's around 7-7.5" dish. I was keen on getting some Felony Form overfenders, but for one, they're a hell of a lot of money, and two, I don't think they would cover the wheels fully.

I'm still going to be using this car a lot when the new wheels are on, the main reason I bought it was for drifting. I think I'll stick with the 9s until I get some more power.

As for making them fit, a possible option is using another pair of E36 rear quarters as overfenders. Definitely the cheapest option for the time being.

Comment

Hey do you have any side shots with that wheel mounted ?

Comment

Only these, it was dark and we had a mk2 golf to light us up.

I'll grab more pictures when they're back from sandblasting (the 9s that is)

I think black lips with gold centres, or full polish, can't decide what colours to go for. If I got gold centres I may have to do some sort of JPS livery :P

Comment

That looks retarded, mexipoke.

I don't know any e36 running negative offset on their car, especially not double digits

Comment

Nobody's trying hard enough then

Comment

Originally posted by Counteract View Post
                              Nobody's trying hard enough then
                              Sorry but no.

There is a point of awesomeness and a fine line of looking retarded. That picture posted in no way is close to looking good. If you were widebody it could potentially work.

Good luck with the search, but wheels like that simply do not belong on that application.

Comment

Working...
                              X