Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So im new to this... what tire size to run? (Stancing my mustang)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i think imma go Falken 512 215/45 on 17x9 and Falken 512 275/40 on 17x10.5 rear

Comment

Update:

Got some 215/45's mounted for a test fit... think i need to bump it to 225/45 and run spacers, but what size spacer should i run? I want the top of the tire to be flush with teh fender, or at least halfway across the stretched sidewall to be flush with the fender.. i dont knwo what size spacer to run and i dont even know where to find good ones with extended studs and whatnot, im new to all of this haha.

I think 215 is too much strretch for teh look im going for.. what do you guys think?

Comment

Like I figured, you're running stock offset wheels that aren't meant to be "stanced". There's a guy with a bagged termi running 18x9.5 and 18x11 and I'm sure his offsets are much lower than yours and he's just sitting flush aired out and isn't tucking much tire either. So as others said, bigger wheels and lower offsets.

-Matt
        SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

Those 215/45's look to stretch an awful lot....maybe those run smaller than others. Some other 215/45's on 9's that I've seen barely stretch at all, but those look to be stretched more like a 205....getting tyre sizes right can be quite hard sometimes!!

Comment

Bravo, you sir went above and beyond in making an already ugly car from factory even more so. Nice stretch bro
            Click me! My e30 build
            Do business with me? leave feedback
            Need an m20/m30 turbo manifold? click!

Comment

Like I said above, 225/45 at minimum up front.

Get 225/45s, and run a 15mm adapter [I'd personally go with Adaptec's adapters, they're a site sponsor and have amazing quality] at all 4 corners. That'll put you where you want to be.

Or don't, its' not like I know what I'm talking about.
              Last edited by Daviticus; 04-29-2013, 10:48 AM.
              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

255/40R17's front and 275/40's rear. Have a properly sized tire on your car that will fill up the fenders instead of stretching tires when they clearly don't need to be stretched.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                  Bravo, you sir went above and beyond in making an already ugly car from factory even more so. Nice stretch bro
                  Thats the whole entire point and reasoning behind me "test fitting different sizes adn asking for advice"

Calm down, princess

Comment

BUTTTTTTT I did take in consideration what some of you guys said, and im not gonna stretch the front that much. I have 245/40/17 falken on teh way, and still 275/40 for the rear. Hopefully theyll be here soon!

Comment

Update: I think the rear fitment is perfect, but as for the fronts i want spacers. Unfortunately the smallest size spacer (thats a decent quality one) is 15mm... do you guys think 15mm in the front will poke out tooo far? I can provide bettter pics if need be:

Also would it look goofy having 15mm in the front but nothing in the rear?

Comment

I would measure to see if 15mm would work or not. I don't think my eyeballs are quite as calibrated as an actual measuring device in person.
                        I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

Originally posted by RacerrRex View Post
                          Unfortunately the smallest size spacer (thats a decent quality one) is 15mm... do you guys think 15mm in the front will poke out tooo far? I can provide bettter pics if need be.
                          Also would it look goofy having 15mm in the front but nothing in the rear?
                          Originally posted by wickedsnake00 View Post
                          I would measure to see if 15mm would work or not. I don't think my eyeballs are quite as calibrated as an actual measuring device in person.
                          +1, measure out 15mm with a ruler against the rim. look at how the fitment would be. you can also go buy some washers at home depot, stack them over the lugs, and TEMPORARILY bolt on the wheel to see where it would sit. again, this would be TEMPORARY, and i would not drive or move the car with the washers on. i'm not as familiar with sn95 but on a fox a 5mm is the max you can run without needing either longer studs or spacers with integrated studs.
                          2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                          2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                          1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Damn you're gonna need alot more than a 15. Given that you're running 17's youre gonna want to push your wheel out as far as you can or you're going to have hella gap looking up, as your pictures illustrate.

And nah its not gonna look goofy running spacers on the front but not the rear, nobody can tell that you're running spacersanyways haha. I would avoid having more poke up front than in the back though, that usually looks pretty bad.
                            Post of pictures of your rears bro, for science
                            Last edited by Stupid Kid; 05-20-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I would've never done 17's. too small imo

Comment

I think 20mm would set you straight, but measure how far it will move. Then order your spacers

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                                X