X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scuby View Post
    I actually followed this.

First let me say: awesome build! So inspiring. I have my Amazon Combi at a static drop as low as your lowest air setting and needles to say, I need to rethink it

Now, on to the topic of the v8 Amazon:

It exists and was built in the 90's by a Dutch hotrod builder who I grew up around the corner from by the name of Eric Bouwer (funny as Bouwer actually means 'builder' in Dutch"). Eric's a great guy, but his customer was whoever and sold it to a cousin/nephew, who knows. This guy currently owns it and is, an idiot. That's as kind as I can be.

This guy put it up for sale recently with the worst ad I've ever seen, I was convinced it was a fake. I got in touch with the guy and he was weird, strange, distant, didn't answer questions and generally just confirmed my thoughts of a fake ad. Especially when I mentioned your car which he had pics up of as 'A finished product' example. Kind of profiling as if he built it, but doesn't know how to turn a wrench. Eventually a guy i know was interested as well, managed an go see, and took me with.

His ad had a pic or two of your car and one sketchy shot of the engine bay. Long story short: I've seen the car in person. Last week saturday actually. It's a v8, SBC 305 with a B&M blower with blown bearings, TH400 trans, custom tunnel etc. all fits between stock suspension with stock cast iron manifolds, has a early 940 axle and true dual exhaust. But it's a mess. The guy is an idiot and an assh*le. He reckons 435hp of that motor. No way. The build itself is decent, in fact in my opinion quite good. The guy I know thinks it's messy but he's one of those extreme perfectionists.

It's fantastic that he's inspired by your car but people like that who think they have gold when it's crap (not the build just as it is now) always baffle me. He wants 30k euro's for it! It needs EVERYTHING.

Anyway, saw it last Saturday (dutchies feel free to contact me ).

Just wanted to share that with you guys.

I'll be starting a thread of my own soon on several builds I have going, but I'll start with my Amazone Combi which is getting a T5/5spd conversion later this year and is currently low and slow I also have a VW that's gettin a juice setup etc. Sorry to Hi-Jack!

Awesome ride man. LOVE IT! Such an inspiration!!!!

30k euros is crazy lol. Glad to see you got your car on here! Looking forward to updates

Comment

• Ok so I scraped my original management setup idea and went with a dual compressor, 5 gal tank, and Accuair vu4. Still waiting on the vu4 but I started mocking everything else up. Got the jigsaw out and made the trunk floor which I will be carpeting black. Going to hide as much of the wiring as possible. I quickly made up a mount for the accuair, but im not sure if im going to use it. If I do, I might paint it black and do something for the face of the mount. I really wanted to get into doing some hardlines, but I chickened out haha. Maybe later. I just want to get everything in and get back on the road. Ive also decided to keep my spare tire in the factory location. I was thinking that it kind of keeps the oldschool feel and a vertically mounted spare isnt something you see everyday. I got a new tire, resprayed the wheel satin black and have the factory hubcap and beauty ring for it. I might get creative with the hold down strap.
      Last edited by Keith602; 03-28-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• I love this build so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by PANTERx120 View Post
          I love this build so much.
          Thanks!!

Comment

• Took a couple of quick pics this morning before I pulled out the old air ride stuff. Just had a final cut and buff done on it yesterday. Came out exactly how I was hoping it would. So stoked

Other than the Volvo, I guess we are a VW household. Passat is the daily

Last edited by Keith602; 03-19-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• very excited to see the final air setup in the trunk. accuair has been great to me
              E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
                very excited to see the final air setup in the trunk. accuair has been great to me
                Im excited too. Im working on the wiring while I wait for shipping. Should be done this weekend.

Comment

• Wrapped up the new management install minus the accuair mount. Its just bolted to the trunk floor temporarily until I get what I need. Pretty sure im just going to get the exo mount for the tank. It looks like it will fit my tank but I need to verify that (I dont have an accuair tank). The new setup is much faster both filling and dumping than what I had in there. Very happy with it. Im having a new tire put on the spare tomorrow and also adding the beauty ring and cap to finish off the trunk a little.

Last edited by Keith602; 03-24-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• New tire on the spare and its looking good now. Ordered the exo mount for the valve unit, so that will be going in this week. Just need to tuck some lines and wires and call it done.

Comment

• wish it were that simple for my build.

love the spare, i def think you should keep it.
                      E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

• Love this car! Keep it up!
                        ~adamls2~

~~Boost 'n Boobs~~

Comment

• Originally posted by austinscottphotography View Post
                          wish it were that simple for my build.

love the spare, i def think you should keep it.
                          Yeah, for the longest time I was against keeping it in favor of being able to center the air tank/compressors as well as remove the well that holds the spare, on account of its exterior visibility. But, I do like this better and plan to keep it. It maintains the original character, gives it some style, and also may save a headache someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamls2 View Post
                            Love this car! Keep it up!
                            Thanks man!

Comment

• Put the exo mount in last night

Last edited by Keith602; 03-28-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Very nice, air setup looks good. Maybe use an old brown leather belt to strap the spare tire down? To match the interior?

Comment

Working...
                                X