No announcement yet.

A taurus wagon? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantastic job man. been following since post one had to chime in and say keep going.
    "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

• Omg yes. This is so awesome. Keep it up.
      '88 323 - K-swapped
      '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

• I need you to post more pics. please. in the name of all that is lowly!

Comment

• Props to you, man. This is what it's all about.
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Like a Boss!!! keep up the great work.

you dont know how many times i joked with friends about slamming a Taurus Wagon. LOL
            -Christopher

[style 269's, nitto invos, turner blacked out grills, thule mnt bike rack, bimmerbrakes.com stop-tech premium drilled and slotted rotors, stop-tech street performace pads, KW V3s, VAC Motorsports 10mm spacers up front 20mm rear]

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=644105

2001 BMW 325it
            2001 BMW 330i (kw suspension)
            1983 Ford Ranger (V8 powered)
            2011 Trek 4300 disc
            2009 Ducati Monster 696 (sold)
            2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Comment

• so when your are down that low is it aired out?

good work keep it up man!

Comment

• This shit never gets old.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
                  Then I added the mounting ear and painted it.

M-I-C........K-E-Y.......... M-O-U-S-E (sorry, that's what first popped up in my head when I saw it. LOL)

Been watching this. Love the work and dedication your putting into this unpopular (stance wise) chassis!

I'm just curious as to why you didn't incorporate the mounting ear into the top mickey mouse part as one piece and then bend the end up. The mounting tab seems thinner than than mickey mouse. Will that joint be a high stress area?
                  DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                  E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

• i wanna see the rears tuck rim! great progress so far!
                    sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• interesting
                      56' Big Back Glass Chevy
                      08' Audi S5

Comment

• The bags are so awesome!

Comment

• So dope! Props to you for your welding skills and persistence, your wagon looks so boss with it's current stance and wheel combo. Keep it up!
                          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                          Originally posted by Ollie
                          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I like it. +1 for working with a blank canvas

Comment

• this project is coming along nicely

Comment

• Originally posted by los02 View Post
                                M-I-C........K-E-Y.......... M-O-U-S-E (sorry, that's what first popped up in my head when I saw it. LOL)

Been watching this. Love the work and dedication your putting into this unpopular (stance wise) chassis!

I'm just curious as to why you didn't incorporate the mounting ear into the top mickey mouse part as one piece and then bend the end up. The mounting tab seems thinner than than mickey mouse. Will that joint be a high stress area?
                                Well good sir I played with ideas for making this for several hours before actually pulling the trigger, as they say. I made everything you see, with the exception of the "mounting ear" with a few hole saws and drill bits. It was the easiest way for me to make nice clean circles without spending days cutting them out with a cut off saw and grinding them smooth. which necessitated making the ear as a separate piece. Also the only purpose that the ear serves is to keep the bag from rotating and to hold in the correct position laterally so the bag cant change position. Any stress that is put on that ear will be sheer and I'm confident enough in my welding ability that it wont come loose.

Thanks again to every one else who is staying tuned. Management next weekend! Yes!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X