CCW Classics vs Work VS-XX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW Classics vs Work VS-XX

I hope I put this topic in the right place, if not I apologize!

Which one do you prefer and why?

Bagged Civic Si | Accuair | Airrex | Full-Race | Skunk2 | Enkei | Flashpro

Work is slightly less boring than CCW.

Comment

True, but aren't CCW more rare since they are forged (stronger) and custom?

I cant help but love the VS-XX either way. But in general from what I can tell people go goo-goo over CCW more at least from what I can tell.

Comment

Work VS-XX anyday. Because...well...umm...its Work
        Cut it up Fresssshhhh!!!!!

W204 c350
        Riverside Altstadt 1 Wheels
        Simply Static

Comment

XXr's, homey.
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Race version of the CCWs.
            Because you can easily source parts in the US if you want to switch things up. Or if you mess one up.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Both Classics and VS-XX seem to be relatively common. As far as which one looks better, it really depends on the car. Although, if we're talking about the car in your sig I'd say its a toss-up. They'd look equally sick.

Comment

VS-XX's with small-ish(2.5" and below) lips like 99% of them came originally.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Heh, I wouldn't say either of 'em are boring, at all.

rare =! forged/custom

Not like it matters anyway as much on a 3P as on a monoblock wheel, what matters more are the lips and barrels and those gonna be steel on the Work's as well. (Don't know what CCW uses)

The VS-XX are as much "CUSTOM" as the ccw's are.

Besides:

What else needs to be said?!

Comment

As nice as VS-XXs are, you have to remember that the centers are still cast. Majority of the wheels from Work have cast centers. The CCWs on the other hand are full forged. They roll their own lips and barrels in house too I believe.

No, VS-XX are not as custom as CCWs are. The faces that are used are precast meaning they have set sizing. CCW can specifically cut the faces to their classics EXACTLY the way you want it for maximum lip sizes and allowing for brake tolerances. This is the same with our MTechnica wheels as well.
                    Last edited by Clun9; 04-24-2014, 11:30 AM.
                    Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Thanks y'all! Especially Clun9. I am picking up a set of CCW Classics (Fully Polished) 18x9.5+19 with a 2.5in. stepped lip this weekend to replace my RPF1s.

Comment

Working...
                      X