Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thing is I don't have a b16a readily available and I don't think i could do it myself in under 4 days. Another thing though, even if i do manage to get it all back stock with the engine swapped back to a 1.6ltr which i need ECU and complete engine for (intake manifold, headers, loom etc) I would also have to go to Honda and get my airbag system re-mapped (SRS light is consistently on due to Nardi wheel) apparently you need to go to Honda for them to reset it or some shit to make the light go off. No doubt i would have to re-weld up the holes in my floor for the harness bolts etc as well.

Then once passed, i would no doubt put it all back again and be back in the same boat i am in at the moment.

It has been good, had the car for 7 years and have been driving daily in this form for about 2 years now so its had a good run. Think its time to move on to bigger and better things. at least with my daily drive. My civic will still stick around for a bit for track duty

thing is i was about to buy a daily, but then that would not of made a difference anyway, i got spotted leaving a honda meet on a sunny sunday arvo so having a daily still would not have stopped me getting 'seen' by the annoying police man.

If I cancel my rego myself then i won't have to worry about going to the police station for them to go over the car and I won't have to put up with their rubbish talk and time wasting..... at least i assume i won't have to see them. if the rego is canceled befor it i can't see why they would want to see it....
    Last edited by USDMem1; 09-28-2010, 01:41 AM.
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

damn man, poor guy you're sorta stuck huh. Maybe un-rego it for now to get out of all the EPA/RTA shit, make it a track car like you said, then you can think about getting it re-rego'd at a later date if you want to make it a road car again?

I guess the other option is to make it as stock as possible, except for the engine, and take it to the inspection and see what happens. Could be a slight chance they won't check the eng no, but that's a risk.

Comment

tough choice man... will be so sad to see such an awesome machine off the road...
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

yeah might have to just suck it up, put it back to as stock as possible and just hope they don't check my engine number. if they do i will prob have to tow it home no doubt, which is a massive pain in my ass. sad times ahead.
          omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

i want to spend more money on the teg, but i need to start saving some serious money for springnats if i go, mostly for summernats though, and easternats if i go and its on.

Comment

Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
              yeah might have to just suck it up, put it back to as stock as possible and just hope they don't check my engine number. if they do i will prob have to tow it home no doubt, which is a massive pain in my ass. sad times ahead.
              Have you got a recipt for the motor though dude? If you do you can just say its been at the mechanics cause the motor was on its way out so they put a new one in.... If you have the recipt, and they pick on it, just ask them what you have to do to register the new engine number.. remember, if you act stupid, then they will think you are stupid... and if your lucky, they will sympathise with your stupidity.. Maybe even help you fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                i want to spend more money on the teg, but i need to start saving some serious money for springnats if i go, mostly for summernats though, and easternats if i go and its on.
                All three of those events are pretty ass dude

God damn bogan fests.

Comment

summernats is ok, just don't take a girl there...... full on bogan fest but there are some impressive big power 8's supercharged etc. I prob wouldn't go again though.

Comment

bogan pride!

taking a mate to summernats dispite hes missus' disgust! hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                      hha funny i am reading this now. I literally just went out and checked the mail....... I found a shiny letter from Williamstown police station saying that I was spotted driving on 'x' road and 'x' time by 'x' police officer and was scene to be in an 'un-roadworthy' state. I must now report to Williamstown police station this sat at 11:45 am for a full inspection .................

I called him up to re-schedule, because it is the same day as 'parklife' and he said it can't be re-scheduled because they have 'vicroads' and EPA representatives booked for the whole day. He said they are starting checking cars at 9am that morning. I asked how many cars and he said he couldn't tell me exact numbers but there are a few.

I am seriously considering just canceling my rego and keeping my car for a while as a track only/permit only driver for a few months. I could change it all back to stock no worries in a few days except for the engine number which doesn't match my rego sticker. (no engineers) no matter how stock the car will be, if they check the engine number (which i assume they will def do) i am screwed...............

Gameover for me i think
                      Daniel (white odyssey) just called me and said he received exactly the same letter as the one you received. His going to williamstown police station this sat at 11.15am

Comment

They can do that now..?

Comment

Yeah man, they take your reg, then send you a letter demanding an inspection... Have been doing it for ages... just getting real bad in the last month.

Comment

doesnt sound good boys, maybe they took some regos down at autosalon? both your cars were there yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                              doesnt sound good boys, maybe they took some regos down at autosalon? both your cars were there yeah?
                              This is indeed a good point.

Stanceworks numberplates ftw.

Comment

living in the country ftw.

dunno what id do if that was to happen to me

Comment

Working...
                                X