Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbulldrifter View Post
    it looked really cool you dont see opels every day
    Thanks. I have owned to Opel Gt's which don't get me wrong are awesome little cars. But ever since the day I saw a Manta I wanted one. There is just something different about them.

I'm picking up something very cool tomorrow but I will leave that a surprise...

-Aron
    "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

So as I had promised I have some progress. I bought a rear seat from a guy that is in almost perfect condition. Then today I went back to his place to do a trade. I traded some Opel Gt exhaust stuff for the exhaust he had on a Manta he is parting out. It mostly intrigued me because of the Ansa glass pack tip. Other than that it just has a cherry bomb. I did get a chance to hear it before we took it off the car and it sounds great.

Just waiting to get paid so I can put a flange in the middle of the exhaust and waiting for some better weather to put it on.

That's all for now.

-Aron C.

Comment

So the rain gave me a break and I decided to put the "new" exhaust on. I have to say I am very satisfied with the results. I hope everyone appreciates that I took some before and after videos and just now they finished uploading.

It sounded ok before...

Then one traded six pack and a $3.00 coupling later...

much better, the video really doesn't do it justice.

-Aron

Comment

Dude, sounds much better. Has a growl to it now. Looking forward to seeing it in person.
          sigpic
          GARAGE | THE PROFESSOR

Comment

I want the trailer first, Manta second.
            My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Originally posted by exexpat View Post
              I want the trailer first, Manta second.
              Haha what trailer? The camper?

-Aron

Comment

I would kill for that Ansa tip Missed new one on ebay for 10 euros. Pretty nice Manta, I like the way it's going!

Comment

Originally posted by a112 View Post
                  I would kill for that Ansa tip Missed new one on ebay for 10 euros. Pretty nice Manta, I like the way it's going!
                  Thanks the tip was the whole reason that I wanted the exhaust and the great sound just happened to come with it. If I ever upgrade and get rid of it I'll let you know.

-Aron

Comment

Cool car, I like where the build is going. Small stuff like that trick cigarette lighter turned into a switch is really neat.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard3 View Post
                      Cool car, I like where the build is going. Small stuff like that trick cigarette lighter turned into a switch is really neat.
                      Thanks I really like modifying things and accomplishing small tasks so you will see a lot of that.

-Aron

Comment

Managed to make some progress today. I spent all day wiring in my new high beams from an E28. It doesn't seem like it should take so long but I was also running my headlights through relays since they didn't do it from the factory. To do this I used a fuse box from an E21 that I gutted. As it sits now here is what turns on when.

Headlight switch to park position: Parking lights and daytime running lights.
                        Headlight switch to headlight position: Projectors and low beams on the inners.
                        Brights switch engaged: high beam in just the inners.

I am still trying to figure out how to make the projectors turn on with the high beams but for some reason whenever I wire it up everything just gets stuck on and the brights switch doesn't do anything. Anyhow I will mess with that later if I feel like it. I don't really ever use my brights anyway.

All I have is crappy phone pics but I will get some real ones tomorrow.

-Aron

Comment

I had forgotten that I took some photos of the car out in the snow last week. It's funny how all the light reflects when there is that much white everywhere because these photos were taken at night.

That's all for now.

-Aron

Comment

everything you have done to this car is awesome. cigarette light switch+ansi tip=mind blown. cant wait to see this thing on air.
                            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                              everything you have done to this car is awesome. cigarette light switch+ansi tip=mind blown. cant wait to see this thing on air.
                              Thanks! I appreciated the kind words. Money is tight lately so I do any small mod that I can. The closer I get to having air the less I can hold it together. It's like coming close to a Christmas when you know you're getting something good.

More progress soon

-Aron

Comment

Very nice manta!
                                Love the orange <3
                                Reminds me of the time my dad had one...
                                Can't wait to see some more updates

Comment

Working...
                                X