Big body v3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big body v3.

Hey all, it's been a while. Got a GS300 somewhat recently, and just a few days ago I finished the drive from Seattle to LA. Here's the car as I bought it;

Unfortunately on the way I had a blowout on my rear wheel, and no tyre shops in Salem, OR stocked anything close to my size. Browsed craigslist for a while and found some local wheels are tyres for sale. Put them on and continued my trip. Oh and yeah, they were plastidipped teal and were an inch smaller

Got to my garage in LA and wasted no time at all. Bought some OEM Chrysler Sebring SIlver paint and some clear coat. Peeled the plastidip off the wheels, un-seized my coilovers, and then subsequently went a little bit too low. Woops

Well, guess all I can say is it's good to be back. Buying extended FUCA's today and new tyres later this week. Front will come down more in a bit.

instagram: @elliotjlong

Looked so good in that first pic.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
      Looked so good in that first pic.
      Eh wheels are played out, clear coat was peeling on them, 19's are too big for a GS IMO, tyres were much too large, etc. Really didn't like the car that way.

Comment

I wanna see some quality shots of it lowwlowww on the 17s
        Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
        and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

hope you keep this one for a little while
          IG: Dimitriantoniou
          1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
          1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
            I wanna see some quality shots of it lowwlowww on the 17s
            Oh it's on 18s not 17s! Haha I know they look tiny on this car.

And I hope I keep it for a bit too. I mean not many people would buy it as is right now.

Comment

Bought some Advans for the front, unbolted the whole exhaust since it was 1mm off the ground. It's deafening and silly and I'm sick of it.

Car is for sale by the way. Someone take it and stop the abuse. If you follow my IG you'll already know this; but I'm kind of done with the whole car scene at the moment. Probably will be taking an absence for a while.

Comment

Wasted no time in making it look like shit. Nice job!

Comment

I like this cuz you spelled tire "tyre". That makes me think you're proper.
                  stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleu8 View Post
                    damn bruh... chill
                    This is my signature

Comment

Originally posted by doubleu8 View Post
                      Cheers but it looked like shit to begin with so to each their own. Let me get one thing straight though; I will not just have another cookie-cutter halfarsed VIP build on this chassis. I'm not out to 'kill the game' either. So be upset, that's fine. At least I don't take the easy route and throw Borbet Type A's and CSL reps on E36's like everyone in the history of ever.

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
                      I like this cuz you spelled tire "tyre". That makes me think you're proper.
                      It comes with being foreign.
                      Last edited by Daffy; 09-10-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

If you don't mind my asking, why the break from cars? I understand that the 'scene' has definitely gotten out of hand in a lot of ways. Sad to hear for sure, I've always liked your contributions to S/W
                        My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                          If you don't mind my asking, why the break from cars? I understand that the 'scene' has definitely gotten out of hand in a lot of ways. Sad to hear for sure, I've always liked your contributions to S/W
                          Thank you, that means a lot.

I'm taking a break due to the fact I simply don't have the time any more to deal with things constantly breaking on lowered cars. I work and go to school at the moment so I don't have the few hours a day anymore to fix anything if it goes wrong. Also I'm getting sick of some of the people who are in the car scene nowadays. It was really nice when everyone got along and shared the same enthusiasm for cars and tuning, but it seems like now everyone has to make it a competition. The passion is quickly dying out of a lot of the tuning community for me. I used to be able to go to shows and talk to people who were knowledgeable and polite about the cars they built, but now it seems like people can barely even tell me what suspension work has been done since they just take it to the shop and say 'kill the game for me, here's my checkbook add it to my debt'. Again there are exceptions to this, especially here on S/W, but I think it's time I take my absence from meets and shows and stuff.

Comment

^ If it makes you feel any better about things, I went through the exact same thought process in about 2005 or so. The Seattle scene then had hit a particularly toxic period - there was a huge amount of money being dumped into the scene all of the sudden and the growth of the drift fad injected really a bunch of dumbfuck kids into the group who thought they were hot shit just because they had some rustbox Hatchiroku. This was also the point when the VIP fad was just beginning to hit the Northwest, and you want to talk about a bunch of people who are elitists and exclusionary over nothing... The Nissan crowd in particular became particularly ugly at the time. I actually helped organize some of the early Golden Gardens meets (back when they were a NWNismo / NWNissans joint) and judged a handful of shows and had to duck out on account of an incredible influx of shitty behavior, mostly from S-chassis kids who couldn't fucking stand a lowly front-drive Sentra stealing all the attention away from their crunched-up S13s. It's not a huge amount of fun judging a show or organizing an event when four kids with drift missiles come and threaten to knock your teeth in because they can't understand why a junkyard KA-T setup doesn't hold much of a candle to $15,000 worth of body work. We had cars getting keyed at shows, people doing burnouts and sliding into other peoples' rides, guns being pulled... it was an ugly time.

I left. It's been a decade since the last time I went to a show or a meet, and I miss very little of it. I build my cars, I share what little I know on here, and that's good enough for me.

So, if there's any thesis here, it's that the scene is shit, it's always been shit, it'll always be shit, but don't let that keep you from building.

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
                              Thank you, that means a lot.

I'm taking a break due to the fact I simply don't have the time any more to deal with things constantly breaking on lowered cars. I work and go to school at the moment so I don't have the few hours a day anymore to fix anything if it goes wrong. Also I'm getting sick of some of the people who are in the car scene nowadays. It was really nice when everyone got along and shared the same enthusiasm for cars and tuning, but it seems like now everyone has to make it a competition. The passion is quickly dying out of a lot of the tuning community for me. I used to be able to go to shows and talk to people who were knowledgeable and polite about the cars they built, but now it seems like people can barely even tell me what suspension work has been done since they just take it to the shop and say 'kill the game for me, here's my checkbook add it to my debt'. Again there are exceptions to this, especially here on S/W, but I think it's time I take my absence from meets and shows and stuff.
                              I understand where you are coming from definitely, though I can't say I have ever been to a "real meet" by any standards. I contribute here but otherwise I'm just the lunatic on my tiny college campus with that Volvo that has trouble getting in to the parking lot, I have never experienced the scene first hand. For better or worse. I have respect for hard work put in to anything, and I'll always love lowered cars, but I don't love breaking my POS when it's all I have to get to work. I hope that I'll still see your occasional contributions here man, or at least on your Flickr.

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                              ^ If it makes you feel any better about things, I went through the exact same thought process in about 2005 or so. The Seattle scene then had hit a particularly toxic period - there was a huge amount of money being dumped into the scene all of the sudden and the growth of the drift fad injected really a bunch of dumbfuck kids into the group who thought they were hot shit just because they had some rustbox Hatchiroku. This was also the point when the VIP fad was just beginning to hit the Northwest, and you want to talk about a bunch of people who are elitists and exclusionary over nothing... The Nissan crowd in particular became particularly ugly at the time. I actually helped organize some of the early Golden Gardens meets (back when they were a NWNismo / NWNissans joint) and judged a handful of shows and had to duck out on account of an incredible influx of shitty behavior, mostly from S-chassis kids who couldn't fucking stand a lowly front-drive Sentra stealing all the attention away from their crunched-up S13s. It's not a huge amount of fun judging a show or organizing an event when four kids with drift missiles come and threaten to knock your teeth in because they can't understand why a junkyard KA-T setup doesn't hold much of a candle to $15,000 worth of body work. We had cars getting keyed at shows, people doing burnouts and sliding into other peoples' rides, guns being pulled... it was an ugly time.

I left. It's been a decade since the last time I went to a show or a meet, and I miss very little of it. I build my cars, I share what little I know on here, and that's good enough for me.

So, if there's any thesis here, it's that the scene is shit, it's always been shit, it'll always be shit, but don't let that keep you from building.
                              And I agree, Sam. Though you definitely know quite a lot more than most man, you're a SW sage as far as I'm concerned. Keep building, and build for whatever makes you happy.
                              Last edited by philohlean; 09-11-2015, 08:49 PM.
                              My Build:

Comment

Working...
                              X