Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a budget, looking for Coilovers for my Mk3 Golf

Hey chaps,

I'm looking for a set of Coilovers for my Golf. I don't want to pay more than £250, as petrol/insurance takes most of my money.

I've been looking at brands like Jom, FK AK Streets, TA Technix and Hot Tuning.

Currently running stock everything, but for wheels I am looking to get some 15" Rota BM8's.

I'm not looking to slam my car, but I would like to have it adjustable as I do plan to use her for fast backroad driving, trackdays and shows.

Any help would be appreciated as I am a stance noob.

Thanks,

Yorkie.
    Tornado Red MK3 - Currently Stock - Big Plans
    Instagram: @YorkieMK3

TA Technix and Hot Tuning are the same coilover, as will be most of the "budget" coilovers.

I have FK AK streets and they do the job of getting the car low. My only gripe is that they are a little bouncy.

If you don't mind waiting a little while, you could get your hands on some HSD's for around £500, which will do a much better job as they have better dampers and spring rates. They have camber plates and damping adjustment too.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
      TA Technix and Hot Tuning are the same coilover, as will be most of the "budget" coilovers.

I have FK AK streets and they do the job of getting the car low. My only gripe is that they are a little bouncy.

If you don't mind waiting a little while, you could get your hands on some HSD's for around £500, which will do a much better job as they have better dampers and spring rates. They have camber plates and damping adjustment too.
      Can you make an on board video of some daily driving so I could see what the rides like.

The main reason why I'm on a budget is cause I want lows asap, plus I only work 14hrs a week so money's tight.

Comment

I could, but the car is raised for winter, so it's not as prominent. I mean, it's not overly bouncy, I only really notice it with passengers in the car.

For the money, I think it was around £170, they do the job of getting it low And being a full time student and working 13 hours a week, I know where you're coming from on the money front

Comment

I'm trying to decide between Joms and FK's now.

I'm definitely going to be getting some powerflex top mounts and bushes to help stiffen the ride. As, from what I've been reading, a lot of the problems have been coming from using stock mounts.

I'll also have a Strutbrace and a sway bar installed.

Comment

Working...
          X