Coilover help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover help!

Hi guys, so I have a 2002 Infiniti G20 (P11) that I have lowered on BC BR Type Coilovers. The spring rates are 8k/6k and the dampening is set to 3 and 5. The geometry of the G20 is absolutely stupid suspension-wise. Instead of rear independent axles, it is a rear beam which does not allow any camber...meh. But what is worse is the front.

Connected to the upper control arms are the dreaded "think links" which is basically a knuckle connected, covering the coilover access which means you have to rip everything apart just to adjust coil settings.

My problem is that due to lowering a good amount, the upper control arm has barely any travel and on very large bumps or dips, the UCA (mostly passenger side) hits the strut tower and makes a loud banging sound.

My question is this...should I get a stiffer spring rate due to suspension travel? What springs should I go with? Keep in mind the G20 is a strange car to modify so there aren't many aftermarket parts for them. I would love to go lower, but I have no idea what to do Any help is appreciated.
    ..:.2002 G20 in the works.:..

Try adjusting your dampening so the car rides stiffer, that should help with suspension travel. You may end up having it on the highest setting, but if it helps, so be it.
    Originally posted by Kyle_Eagleton
    Come to America. We have no rules. And plenty of fast food.

Comment

Working...
    X