E34 strut mod ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E34 strut mod ?

So I'm trying to start getting the green machine proper as it should be..
    I've read into it over and over again and maybe I just haven't gotten a clear answer on this
    I want to shorten my strut housing and I read that the corrado g60 shock insert is the way to go but I've only heard that works for the E30 looking further into it they use similar strut housing.. but no confirmation on it
    My question is after I shorten my strut housing and get the adjuster sleeve situated for the coil over what strut insert do I use? VW G60?

I'm just confused can't seem to get a straight forward answer on what will for sure work.

Bump I need more shock travel any help?

Comment

Nobody knows anything? All the e30 guys are doing it nobody's done it with the e34?
      Some deminsions I got
      Housing
      ID 49.5mm
      OD 55mm

Bilsteins i removed (shock body)
      46mm x 18 in

Measurements I got from another site don't know if there correct or how accurate it is but it's all I found

Koni corrado G60 insert (assuming shock body)
      43.71mm x 13 in

Will it work? Any help.. anything...

Comment

Sweet thanks everyone for the help.. you guys really helped me get through this problem

Comment

On e30 forums, people shorten struts in the same way and have clearance issues with their new G60 shock inserts or whatever. The best solution I've seen is to wrap the shock in some sort of rope-like material, in a spring-like pattern (consistently up and down.)

Or maybe the right collar nut for the strut insert will secure the smaller diameter strut with no issues and make everything I said unnecessary.

Either way, free bump for you.
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

On e30 forums, people shorten struts in the same way and have clearance issues with their new G60 shock inserts or whatever. The best solution I've seen is to wrap the shock in some sort of rope-like material, in a spring-like pattern (consistently up and down.)

Or maybe the right collar nut for the strut insert will secure the smaller diameter strut with no issues and make everything I said unnecessary.

Either way, free bump for you.
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

get ground controls? or cut 1-2" out of an aftermarket coilover... NEXes are pretty cheap and a lot of people just cut those up

Comment

Ground control coilover way to expensive nex seems too cheap I was trying to go with something I could put together myself for the price of nex with the quality of GC..
                I'm ordering a pair of shocks that should work along with GC camber plates I have a machinist that can make anything I need spacers collars sleeves anything cnc.. so we'll see

Comment

Working...
                X