Inability to enjoy new cars..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the end,

Every car is different and not only by the way it handles but by the driver as well. We all know this, as far as which is better, best or horrible..There are cars out there that just SUCK. I will admit...but there are some that are amazing, no matter new or old.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
      They both have their merits, it's really personal preference. You really do get more connection to an older car, and it's because you can look at it and see how it works. There are mechanical linkages to things, you can see tooling marks when you fix them, you can repair most of the parts rather then replacing them. Those are the things that create the character that people talk about. New cars are all made to perfection by machines, they have electricity making all the connections, and you need a scan tool to fix most things. The cars feel disconnected, because they are.

But then again, it's extremely nice to get in a car that will save you no matter what you do, where the only gauges you need to look at are the speed and fuel level, that has a warranty, that will get you from A to B with no issues and in complete comfort.

I have an e39 (not brand new but still new compared to most of my cars) that whenever I drive makes me long to be in an e30. Yet after I drive around in an e30 (and love every minute of it), getting back in the e39 just feels comfortable and relaxing. They're both great for different reasons.
      This 100x times over.
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        So what is everyone here who preaches about E30s and E28s going to do? Drive E39s and E46s and pretend like they're gods gift to the world? Claim they have so much character in comparison to the new models?

They'll be 20 year old "classics".
        drive brzs and ft86s. not sure what people will use for a simple down to earth sedan though
        Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
        The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
        P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

OP is right and anyone who disagrees is wrong and dumb.

All my cars have carbs with no powersteering, no abs, no traction control, no AC, and well no power options at all. I will never have it any other way.
          Last edited by montgomery; 06-04-2013, 04:47 AM.
          Volvo Build Thread
          Bmw Build Thread
          Toyota Build Thread
          zanebonk instagram
          Tumblrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
            I have an e39 (not brand new but still new compared to most of my cars) that whenever I drive makes me long to be in an e30. Yet after I drive around in an e30 (and love every minute of it), getting back in the e39 just feels comfortable and relaxing. They're both great for different reasons.
            I know this feel.

I drive my M3 for a week and absolutely love the quiet, the power, and the reliability that comes along with it. After a little bit, I long to drive something that gets attention and is a little bit "rougher". So I drive my Prelude for a week, burn a quart of oil and clear the evap code for the check engine light, fight to get out of the Recaro with my coffee and lunch in hand, and long to drive something that doesn't need to be constantly fucked with. So I drive the M3, and the cycle repeats endlessly.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
              OP is right and anyone who disagrees is wrong and dumb.

All my cars have carbs with no powersteering, no abs, no traction control, no AC, and well no power options at all. I will never have it any other way.
              good luck driving something carb-ed in another 10 years, the EPA will ream your ass so wide you could drive a train in there.
              edit: i see you're an oregon hipster, the EPA will gently caress your scrotum and thank you for being ahead of your time.

i love people that "don't need a/c". if you want to purposefully make yourself uncomfortable, fine you do that,

i don't mind driving with the windows down when its hot, but i **** humidity. with no a/c you're screwed if its super humid outside. in my area, the average humidity is 78% from may to september. that's the average, its usually 85-87% in the morning and and 70-72% while driving home. i see no point in arriving at work already sweating...
              Last edited by Ieatpeople; 06-04-2013, 07:51 AM.
              gooby pls

Comment

Also, my last point for this thread, if you can't get into any car and at least find one way to enjoy it, you're probably doing it wrong.

I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit, taking that thing to it's limits is a ton of fun.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Also, my last point for this thread, if you can't get into any car and at least find one way to enjoy it, you're probably doing it wrong.
                  +1.

And now I know your a Prius-loving wierdo.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                    +1.

And now I know your a Prius-loving wierdo.
                    Oh I **** it, but on the rare occasion I have to drive it, and I'm alone in the car, I won't say that it hasn't been airborne.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Driven lots of fast new cars but everyone misses the point on how a car makes you feel if you love cars like me.my e36 feels connected with the driver and fun to drive without all the aids of new cars kicking in even though new ones are everyday more comfortable to drive .
                      Both have a place in modding but down to the individual how they want to go about it.

For the record my fav drivers car is still the e39 m5

Comment

I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.
                        sig'ed
                        Originally posted by Kielan
                        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

I completly agree.. I now own a new car, but really miss my Volvo 244. That thing had character, but i'm doing everything possible to create so something with my Kia. I really miss having that bond. I just have a nice new car now

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit, taking that thing to it's limits is a ton of fun.
                            little toyotas are awesome! cheap on insurance, great on gas, super easy to fix and the parts are dirt cheap

for a few years i daily drove a 92 toyota tercel, awesomely fun car to drive. only had 82hp and a 5-spd manual, but it would fit in half a parking spot and you could split lanes in it if necessary. i put a cheap set of wheels on it, some bfg g-force's, and a wicked stereo. car would turn hard (steady cornering, not swerving) enough for your beverage to climb out of the lid of the cup.

unfortunately its very smashed now:

some clown hit me.

i have been looking for another small car to replace it with. i have another tercel with a jdm motor swap and other bits, but after seeing how the last one did in a front end collision i'm not sure i want to drive it...
                            gooby pls

Comment

Honestly, there is no greater **** than the **** you feel at 10:30 at night underneath your old DD fixing it so you can get to work in the morning. That being said, I miss my 85 Subaru GL whenever I'm driving my 05 STI.

Comment

Oh I **** it, but on the rare occasion I have to drive it, and I'm alone in the car, I won't say that it hasn't been airborne.
                                youre killing the planet
                                Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                                X