No announcement yet.

Moving my thread over... Sin City e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh paint should come with a force field that deflects rocks and dick slaps those that would leave parking lot destruction behind. I mean literally a visible field of energy would take the shape of a Wang and pummel assholes that are reckless with their doors.

Comment

Can't wait to see pics of the finished product!
      2003 Acura TL Type-S

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates! We've been busy at work though. I'll be taking a few photo's tomorrow, and completing the re-trim of the car, but for tonight... here's a quick shot of her back home in the garage.

Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 01-27-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

We spent a good 5 hours buffing last night. The result is fantastic! I have found a few spots that still need touched up, and I need to detail it to remove all the compound, but it's looking good.

I also converted it over to studs and lug nuts... 80mm studs to give me plenty of room for spacers and neochrome lug nuts. Those stupid BMW lug studs drive me insane, and I ALWAYS end up dropping one while trying to balance the wheel and insert the stud bolt and scratching the wheel.

I'm talking with a couple buddies... we are trying to organize a photoshoot soon. My photography skills are seriously lacking.
          Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 01-27-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Took this one before I put the new Roundels on, and before I finished trimming out the windows, AND before I got the lower grill installed... but anyway, still thought it might be fun to show. I have ordered new lower window seals, new rear window seals, door handles, Roundels, windshield cowl, interior mirror covers, and a few more items. That should all be here tuesday.

Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 01-27-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I forgot to mention and show pics, but I wrapped the b-pillars and nose panel in 3M carbon fiber Di-noc. Turned out really nice! I gotta get a few photo's of that... it's hard to see with a poopy point and shoot camera.

Comment

Today I finished re-trimming the car. $300 later... man dealer parts are expensive for tiny little rubber bits and pieces! So, outside of a few tiny dull spots that need buffed out, im readying to do a decent photoshoot.

Obviously nobody is ever done with a project, so I still have plans for the car. Installing s52 cams this week, rebuilding the vanos, and a topmount turbo project is coming in the near future. More pics soon.
                Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post
                  nose panel in 3M carbon fiber Di-noc. Turned out really nice!
                  Only the part around the kidneys right? Man that honestly looks out of place.

But i like the studs and lug nuts. Work well with the white wheels! Ive always been wondering how this is done to Euro cars. Are the studs simply screwed in?

Keep up the good work, man!
                  slamburglars.com

Comment

Originally posted by G535 View Post
                    Only the part around the kidneys right? Man that honestly looks out of place.

But i like the studs and lug nuts. Work well with the white wheels! Ive always been wondering how this is done to Euro cars. Are the studs simply screwed in?

Keep up the good work, man!

Yes, just the part of the trim that surrounds the kidneys. Also did the b-pillars, and will end up doing the rear diffuser as well st some point. It flows nicely IMO.

The studs thread into the hub, and have a little shank that stops you from running them in too far. Blue locktight and 70ft-lbs of torque keep them from backing out.

Here's a quick pic of it this morning all trimmed out finally!

Comment

The color is great!
                      Congratulations for the work!
                      '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
                      R lookalike

Comment

Originally posted by PedroM View Post
                        The color is great!
                        Congratulations for the work!
                        Thank you! This has been a very loooong process. I know the picture progression is fast, but a lot if these photos are months or a year old.

Today I started refinishing the wheel bolts for my style 5's. Here's where they started at:
                        Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Then I chuck them into a drill, and turn them against a wire wheel on my bench grinder.

Comment

^^good idea, I was about to ask how did you refinished the bolts.

the e36 is absolute sex, perfection!
                            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

I shot a little video on how to refinish the bolts... I'll try to upload it a little later. In the meantime, I decided to do mine black. Here's the finish with no clear coat (yet).

And after I finish polishing up the lips, I'll bolt it back together. The powdercoater sent me this pic of my faces today:
                              Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Can't figure out how to post my video... so took removed this post.
                                Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 02-18-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X