'91 volvo 240 wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '91 volvo 240 wagon

So I've had big boosted turbo diesel VWs for ever, but last year made the switch to volvo. Ive always loved the 240 wagons, so i bit the bullet, and bought one.

that only lasted for 1 week exactly. when i t-boned a subaru, that failed to yield

that completely twisted the frame rails.

so a couple months later
    i bought this heep.

pulled it out of a farmers field. they were using it as a green house in december ahah.

took a few months of work, to make it road worthy

finally got her on the road then it snowed...

so we dug out

then did some donuts

spring came around and i chopped the springs to get it down low, get rid of the fender gap, and get rid of the boat like handling

then i picked up some trans am GTA wheels off my local classifieds for $200

finally tracked down some tires and adapters and bam, started to look like something

after a summer of beating the hell of it, the front k-frame was warn real thin, so i tracked down a used, but perfect new one

also found a snapped motor mount

got her back on the road just in time for some fall shots

after the good photos were takin, i found a dirt road and opened her up and had some fun

now, winter is here, and the suspension is lifted back up, and the wheels are back to steelies. she's now in winter drift missile mode

we had a little winter storm, so i went out with a couple friends with subarus and had some fun!

at one point i put it in the ditch, and needed a tow... haha

This looks like waaaaay to much fun. Also, love the wheels!
    SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

thanks man! and yea, it puts a smile on my face all the time! i used to have a bunch of mk2 vow's and took a gamble and switched out to the volvo. I know ALOT about the mk2s and have lots of part sources, but with this, it was unknown territory. but i gotta say, I'm glad i made the switch. RWD is just wayyyyyyy better in every way

here's my old jetta

Comment

picked up the first piece of the puzzle for the hydro hand brake

Comment

Working...
        X