Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes!!! This is great. Beautiful work.

Comment

If youre chasing any of those renderings, I vote the one pulling the trailer... especially with those mirrors. My only gripe would be that it should be a slipstream trailer. Cant wait to see where this goes.
      --Tristin

Comment

such an epic build, deff be watching this one
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Sorry guys, been extra busy at work. Lots of OT. Managed to get the engine painted and partially assembled. Bolted on some bits too. Pretty cool color. Not quite black, but not quite green.

I'll put up more as it comes along.

Adam

Comment

Oooeeh, that's cool all Black!!! Damn

Comment

Dang nice job on the body work! Did these ever come as a 2 door?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubaman View Post
                Dang nice job on the body work! Did these ever come as a 2 door?
                There were no 122 (Amazon) two door wagons made by Volvo as far as I know. There's been a couple built custom here and there.

Adam

Comment

This project is in great hands!

Comment

This is really awesome dude. The renderings are perfection. I like your Idea for making the motor fit the aesthetic of the car. That sounds like an awesome challenge! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Atom View Post
                      Pretty cool color. Not quite black, but not quite green.
                      CV grease colored? I love this build!
                      We lookin' for the girls with the big booty stance.

Comment

OK guys, I know it's not gonna be enough of an update for most of you, but I'm still waiting for stuff to show up. From the powder coater, from the plater, from Summit and Jegs, but here's what I got done on a lazy 4th of July afternoon.

K, I'm gonna use hard line for all my vacuum lines, I'm gonna re-brake line the whole car and I'll be using hard line for fuel. Everyone sells their tube in coils and I **** that. I know there are professional tube straighteners available, but with $200 being the cheapest I've found I decided to make my own. For 1/4" to start, but I'll make another for 3/16" and 3/8" later. for less than $25 I built a straightener that works pretty well.

I started with a piece of flat stock and some sliding glass door rollers.

I used a piece of 1/4 round bar to make sure the wheels were aligned and the cut the flat bar and drilled some holes.

Two halves bolted together.

I spaced the first and last roller so they would fit outside the jaws of my vise. You have to hand straighten the first 4" or so then feed it in and roll it back and forth till it straightens out to your satisfaction.

Did some more assembly on the engine. Got new seals in and the front cover on, got the header on with the wastegate and ran some hard lines for it. I'm gonna mount the boost control solenoid under the intake, so I just ran the lines that direction for now. Yes, I know copper will work harden as it shakes/vibrates, etc. I promise to keep an eye on it and see what happens. LOL.

That's all I've got for now. Sorry.

Adam

Comment

Ohmygodyes
                          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

<3 hardlines.
                            -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                            -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                            -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                            -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

yes please

Comment

in for updates, this thing is so bad ass. It's like a hot rod mixed with stance and a whole lot of gangster.

Comment

Working...
                                X