Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Build Thread Soon, But Want Your Feedback!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Build Thread Soon, But Want Your Feedback!

Hey guys!

So I got a group of solid questions pertaining to build threads for you. Any feedback would be immensely appreciated!

What do you enjoy most in build threads?

What should people include?

Picture heavy or worded heavy?

Should jokes/humor be included?

Should one include personal life as well?

Is there such a thing as a build thread that's too long (if one uses tons of photos)?

I'm currently in the midst of putting together a HUGE build thread, almost 200 photos spanning over a year and a half of progress on my benzo wagon and want it to be perfect and something that can set the standard (I have OCD haha). So any feedback or simply what you'd like to see in general would be greatly appreciated - posing the main question, What do you want to see in build threads?

*I was going to include a snippet of whats written up to give you guys an idea, but decided not to. Have a few weeks of work into it already but should be coming out sometime middle of this month
    **Maybe in the wrong section, if so, moderators feel free to move!
    Last edited by Kinghorn; 05-06-2018, 03:42 PM.

BENZWGN Build Thread

Just do you, dude. Fuck people's input - nothing great ever came from a committee of audience members voting on what they like. Put your own spin on it and be original, the funk will follow.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
      Just do you, dude. Fuck people's input - nothing great ever came from a committee of audience members voting on what they like. Put your own spin on it and be original, the funk will follow.
      Oh no trust 110% It's being written how I want! I just would like some pre-emptive feedback as to what everyone wants to see. If its just as easy as adding a tad bit more of something or erasing a thing or two to expedite the read, making it more enjoyable for the audience I am all for it. I'd consider (IMO) writing up a build thread to something like putting together a story (a book, movie, etc) and along those lines; I want to create the best read for the audience. I do agree with you in many senses though

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

I like a lot of pic's and spec's.... I always look for info...
        Last edited by Ramrod; 05-09-2018, 07:28 AM.
        2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
          I like a lot of pic's and spec's.... I always look for info...
          Noted! Thanks for your feedback, there shall be tons of pictures and now specs! Maybe a good idea to go a bit deeper into my custom mods, explaining how they were done and what not... Thanks!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

I'm new here but just do what you like to do.
            Some will like some will **** but the important it's because how you feel.
            If you love it we just have to acept it.

Comment

Originally posted by JhonnySantos View Post
              I'm new here but just do what you like to do.
              Some will like some will **** but the important it's because how you feel.
              If you love it we just have to acept it.
              Thank You

But If you read the prior comments, it's been noted already. As per original intention; it will be written entirely how I choose, I just want some audience generated feedback.

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Build thread are always the best threads

Comment

If the idea it's to do a build based on your ideas and mods with DIY tutorial thats not bad at all. If I understand that well.

Comment

what i've concluded so far from this thread

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

I like the journey. not just the before and after, but shit like "look at how I broke this tool"
                      a narrative that tells me as much about the car as the person who chose to own it. I've seen some epic builds that I had no idea what was going on, how things were accomplished or why. throw in some mini tutorials and maybe some humor and I'll come back and re-read it often

Comment

Originally posted by duct-tape View Post
                        I like the journey. not just the before and after, but shit like "look at how I broke this tool"
                        a narrative that tells me as much about the car as the person who chose to own it. I've seen some epic builds that I had no idea what was going on, how things were accomplished or why. throw in some mini tutorials and maybe some humor and I'll come back and re-read it often
                        BINGO!! Thank you sincerely my guy, got some good feedback!

Basically; A timeline showing the story unfolding (with both good and bad - maybe add some comedic humor on the bad haha)
                        more description into why I chose the car and how it fits perfectly
                        a rough descriptive idea as to how I did things that others can follow so that they get a take-a-way from the read as well

Made three more hours of progress last night on the thread, got a couple more days left and it should be ready for takeoff!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                        X