E36 rear lowlow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 rear lowlow

ok so i recently dropped my car on raceland ultimos and i love the ride, my problem lies within the rear adjust ability, the rear adjusters are maxed out and my rear is still really high. i was thinking about taking the rear adjusters out but thats only about a half inch. i see alot of e36s that are slammed to there nuts front and rear and i was wondering how thats possible. also another problem i have is that the rear sway bar end links are already rubbing the bottom spring seat =[ idk how to fix this.
    E36 Bonnie

why no ones answers?
    E36 Bonnie

Comment

take the adjusters out and get shorter endlinks

Comment

Originally posted by royalife View Post
        why no ones answers?
        i quit reading when i saw raceland.
        025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post

Comment

Heat your springs with a blow torch till they sag a bit.
            Skrapez did it and his E36 road so well!
            PM him about it I'm sure he'll help you out.
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

haha. this.

Comment

Racelands aren't designed for low, and when you take them beyond what they were intended to do ( lower the car 60-80mm) the ride gets pretty brutal. Most people who are low have a some what custom set up, whether shorter springs or shorter bodies and RL's are full bodied with long springs. They do go low up front if you're willing to sacrifice comfort.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

i had the same probably with my fk's last week so i took the adjuster/perches out. only took about 5 mins, did it by myself, and it made the rear sit much better. if you take them out and its too low then id suggest getting smaller springs or cutting a coil or 2 off. keep aware that ride comfort will be sacrificed, but thats all part of being low

Comment

Originally posted by Drock11 View Post
                    i had the same probably with my fk's last week so i took the adjuster/perches out. only took about 5 mins, did it by myself, and it made the rear sit much better. if you take them out and its too low then id suggest getting smaller springs or cutting a coil or 2 off. keep aware that ride comfort will be sacrificed, but thats all part of being low
                    Wrong, that is not all a part of being low.
                    Just get some quality coilovers and stop bouncing while you drive.

*edit; quality coilovers that are designed to go low. There are plenty of quality coilovers, most are meant to improve handling around a track. And not being lowered so much.
                    Tho there are coilovers that will get the car on the ground and still handle fairly well and not bounce.
                    Last edited by Zic; 07-15-2012, 04:57 PM.
                    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                      Wrong, that is not all a part of being low.
                      Just get some quality coilovers and stop bouncing while you drive.

*edit; quality coilovers that are designed to go low. There are plenty of quality coilovers, most are meant to improve handling around a track. And not being lowered so much.
                      Tho there are coilovers that will get the car on the ground and still handle fairly well and not bounce.
                      he has racelands. if he wants to be low the ride is gonna suck. i didn't mean that there aren't quality coilovers that go really low and still ride good. racelands aren't terrible if they're at a decent height.

Comment

actually my ride is very impressive i have ultimos not the regular racelands. i know these are ment to go lower then the originals because there a 1-4 inch drop. i still have about 1 1/2 of play in the front with plenty of rod stroke and clearance. im only wondering how to get the rear to go lower. thanks for all the ideas guys, much appreciated.
                        E36 Bonnie

Comment

I facepalm'd
                          Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                          Heat your springs with a blow torch till they sag a bit.
                          Skrapez did it and his E36 road so well!
                          PM him about it I'm sure he'll help you out.
                          Yep! He has the mystery setup.
                          Originally posted by royalife View Post
                          actually my ride is very impressive i have ultimos not the regular racelands.
                          That's like saying "I own a Daewoo Lanos with A/C, not just a base Daewoo Lanos."
                          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                          Originally posted by Ollie
                          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

despite that, the ride is actually pretty impressive. ive had many different coils on many different aplications and these are pretty nice.
                            E36 Bonnie

Comment

I've had race lands before and my buddy had ultimos in his mk3, they're deffinetly much stiffer than racelands and id say they're worth the price

Comment

Working...
                              X