E46 on Broadways.. ride is... meh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 on Broadways.. ride is... meh

I have got to be doing something wrong seeing as everyone else loves these (reason I got them) I'll start off by saying that I did buy these used off of MtechPenguin on E46Fanatics, but he claimed they had less than 2k miles on them.

The spring rates are 15kF/16kR, original box has those numbers as well so they should be valved properly. No matter how much I fiddle with the dampner adjustment I cant get the ride right. On smooth asphalt its butter (thats easy), on concrete highways I'll get what we call "the Honda bounce". Then on every other road in town its just harsh. Not old Cadillac bouncy, but hard hitting jounces like its just those stiff springs doing any work.

My brothers E36 with Rokkors honestly ride like a dream compared to these right now, and my friend with Megans on his Miata is laughing at me for spending what I did on these.

Any ideas as to what could be going on? I dont see any visible leaking. I took out almost all preload and that seemed to help a tiny bit, or maybe its just in my head. I've been dealing with these things for about 2 months now and about ready to throw some Koni inserts into some old Raceland coils I have laying around or going back to OE sport.

Perhaps you just didn't know what you were buying. For most of us here with considerable lows and tight fitment, high spring rate Broadways are an excellent setup. The Rokkors on your brother's e36 probably have 6k/8k rates and non-existent valving. If you want really soft coils, Broadway can build those, as well. But the ones you bought are definitely a high spring rate setup with a specific purpose.
    025garage

Comment

I get that they're supposed to be stiff, but they dont feel composed at all over anything but a fresh paved road. Its almost unsettling so. If I did have tight fitment my fenders would've been fawked already, so something isn't right.

I wish I could ride in someones car that has these just to be sure. Its tempting to just send these in to Brodway to check them over.

Comment

If you are getting a bounce and your wheels are moving in a way that you feel is sloppy and hit your fenders, there is something not right. You are literally describing the exact opposite of what it feels like.

I would have suggested you shoot over an email with your issues instead of posting on a forum. We are professionals and make the suspension with our own hands, we can help you more than an internet forum can. It is customary to let the mfg know of any issues first, so we can do our best to assist you before publicly comparing our products to ones we feel are of very low quality. I look forward to hearing from you Jaze@Broadwaystaticsuspension.com

You can also send them in to us, we can go through quality control like if it was new to check for inconsistencies. We do that free of charge.
        Last edited by Jesus Christ; 08-29-2013, 12:04 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Sorry for it coming off like a comparison, Im in no way trying to say those are better. I have a feeling this has everything to do with them being used, or just me improperly setting them up. Also wasn't sure how to go about it since theyre bought second hand, most mfgs seem to only care for the original purchaser. Thanks for responding, I'll be getting ahold you.

Comment

Originally posted by stagen View Post
            Sorry for it coming off like a comparison, Im in no way trying to say those are better. I have a feeling this has everything to do with them being used, or just me improperly setting them up. Also wasn't sure how to go about it since theyre bought second hand, most mfgs seem to only care for the original purchaser. Thanks for responding, I'll be getting ahold you.
            No apologies necessary, no harm done, we're always willing to help to help. We stand behind our coils and warranty no matter who owns them, drop us an email and we'll get everything taken care of and riding like they should.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Now thats great customer service. Thumbs up for your guys at Broadway.
              [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Great service

Comment

Definitely sounds almost like the preload isnt set right.

I know Mtechpengiun, he literally had those for barely 2k miles like he said haha.

I know it can be frustrating but a little more tinkering and I believe you will get it to ride how you want. When I was installing mine I even called Jesus Christ and he walked me thru the install and preload process.
                  I dislike Byron.

Comment

Yes sounds as though the preload is wound a little tight...

If this helps I normally adjust the preload to where the collar is hand tight on the spring, then about .5 to 1 turn on the collar, followed by adjusting ride height with bottom collar after.

Comment

is this your first set of coils?
                      @sd262 - instagram

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                        Definitely sounds almost like the preload isnt set right.

I know Mtechpengiun, he literally had those for barely 2k miles like he said haha.

I know it can be frustrating but a little more tinkering and I believe you will get it to ride how you want. When I was installing mine I even called Jesus Christ and he walked me thru the install and preload process.
                        bingo. jaze helped me out the other night when i was installing mine. it's definitely an interesting process setting the preload on the spring in the rear but once you get it right you'll fall in love with the ride.
                        CLIQVE
                        instagram: @wesrockstar
                        back to the future fitment

Comment

I'm on this forum as well. Coils are definitely top notch, and they were ordered with those rates for a reason. Like I said before, BWS has some of the best customer service out there and they can help you with any questions.

I'm also thinking you didn't set preload correctly. I did the same thing and asked KK over her for help

Comment

Originally posted by MtechPenguin View Post
                            I'm on this forum as well. Coils are definitely top notch, and they were ordered with those rates for a reason. Like I said before, BWS has some of the best customer service out there and they can help you with any questions.

I'm also thinking you didn't set preload correctly. I did the same thing and asked KK over her for help
                            Clear out your PM inbox homie..

Comment

Top notch customer service right there. I wish I could buy some BWS for my e34.

My Intro Here:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50512
                              My E34 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54494
                              My '78 CB750 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56809

Comment

Working...
                              X